Extinct or Alive
With a deep passion for and knowledge of all animals, wildlife biologist Forrest Galante tangles with remote and sometimes dangerous environments to track and bring back to life creatures mistakenly labeled as extinct.
- 1. The Galapagos GiantOctober 23, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest is in the Galapagos seeking The Fernandina Tortoise, an animal that was only seen once, over 100 years ago. The clues are here, along with an abundance of incredibly unique species, raising hopes of a historic discovery.
- 2. The Dracula Monkey of BorneoOctober 30, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest returns to the volcanic islands of Indonesia to find the Millers Grizzled Langur, otherwise known as the Dracula monkey. When locals inform him of an illegal pet market, his search quickly evolves into a rescue mission.
- 3. The Legendary Cape LionNovember 6, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest heads home to Zimbabwe to find the mysterious Cape Lion – a massive black-maned predator. He and the crew navigate the African bush determined to get DNA proof, facing threats of charging rhinos and huge prides of lions.
- 4. The Caribbean Monk SealNovember 13, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForest sets off on a dangerous, shark-infested search for the extinct Caribbean monk seal. To prove its existence, he and the crew descend into deep waters where they come face-to-face with a giant tiger shark.
- 5. Madagascar Dwarf HippoNovember 20, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKnown for being a pint-size version of its African cousin, the Malagasy Dwarf Hippo has been written off as extinct for 1000 years. Forrest and a local biologist to trek through the bush of Madagascar to prove it still survives.
- 6. The Hidden Turtle of VietnamNovember 27, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn Vietnam, Forrest teams up with a conservation group to save the largest turtle species in the world from extinction. Using cutting edge technology, they attempt to find a suitor for the last and only surviving Giant Softshell.
- 7. Colombian DinosaurDecember 4, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDeep in the jungles of Colombia, Forrest is on a mission to prove the Rio Apaporis Caiman still exists. Locals believe this crocodilian resides within a lawless land inhabited by guerilla rebels, kidnappers, and deadly predators.
- 8. Ivory Billed WoodpeckerDecember 11, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest is determined to find out if the famously reclusive Ivory Billed Woodpecker still exists. The alligator and poisonous snake infested swamps of Louisiana make for a challenging mission, but he is prepared for anything.
- 9. The Asian UnicornDecember 18, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn Vietnam, Forrest treks through the world's largest cave searching for the Saola in a hidden oasis. This exotic species was only recently discovered, but rumors swirl that “The Asian Unicorn” might already be extinct.
- 10. Southern Rocky Mountain WolfDecember 22, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Southern Rocky Mountain wolf hasn’t been seen in almost 80 years, but recent cattle attacks spark the possibility that is still exists. Trekking high into the Sierras, Forrest is determined to bring it out of hiding.
- 101. The Pondicherry SharkOctober 16, 201942minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest Galante heads to the Maldives to find the supposedly extinct Pondicherry shark -- a rare species last seen in the 1970s. Unidentified sharks in the area have led many to believe it's alive and Forrest is determined to prove it's not extinct.
- discovery plus Call of the Wild