Cold River CashSeason 1
On the riverbanks of Maine, three teams of fishermen vie for an elusive but lucrative catch -- baby American eels, cashing in at $2,000 a pound. With a six-figure salary at stake, the competition is fierce as they seek out a slippery pot of gold.
This video is currently unavailable
to watch in your location
to watch in your location
- 1. Welcome to Eel CountryThis video is currently unavailableJanuary 2, 201442minTV-14The spring eel season arrives, but coastal Maine is plagued by winter weather. Three teams of fishermen, The Eelinators, The Maineiacs, and The Grinders, face challenges as frigid waters fill their familiar fishing holes.
- 2. Eel or No EelThis video is currently unavailableDecember 26, 201342minTV-14Tensions heat up between The Eelinators and The Grinders as they compete in close quarters. Then, The Maineiacs are confronted with invading fishermen who threaten to deplete their haul at their long-time turf.
- 3. More Money, More ProblemsThis video is currently unavailableJanuary 16, 201442minTV-14The rivalry intensifies as Lester Toothaker from The Grinders resorts to voodoo to curse The Eelinators and help his team haul in nearly $16,000. Then, rumors of late-night robberies lead the fishermen to take extra precautions.
- 4. Elver FeverThis video is currently unavailableNovember 2, 201442minTV-14Foul weather is no friend to the fishermen as a cold snap hits coastal Maine. The Grinders copy The Eelinators and try to recreate special nets that catch eels in deep water, but they struggle with their knockoff.
- 5. Split DecisionsThis video is currently unavailableOctober 13, 202242minTV-14Halfway through the fishing season, the Eelinators go on the hunt for eels far from home and hit the jackpot. Then, The Grinders' Lester uses a didgeridoo as a last ditch effort to summon the elvers into local waters.
- 6. Bangor or BustThis video is currently unavailableOctober 13, 202242minTV-14Rumors of huge hauls lure the teams to Bangor, Maine, where they battle for turf on a big river packed with fishermen. The Grinders and Maineiacs split on strategy and come up short, while the Eelinators score big.
- 7. Home Sweet HomeThis video is currently unavailableOctober 13, 202242minTV-14Beaten down by Bangor, Maine, and back on home turf, the teams contend with the highest tide of spring, and scramble to catch with time running out.
- 8. Cashed OutThis video is currently unavailableOctober 13, 202242minTV-14As the clock ticks down on eel season, The Maineiacs make risky choices in hopes of scoring a sizable last haul, while The Eelinators find new ways to bring in money.