90 Day Journey: Jenny & SumitSeason 1
Jenny, a mom and a grandma, discovers that the tall, British man she thinks she's dating online is actually 30-year-old Sumit from India. Despite their age difference and the strong concerns of her family, Jenny decides to move to India to be with him.
- 1. Part 1October 13, 202237minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJenny has forgiven Sumit for catfishing her when they first talked online, and she has decided to move to India to be with him. Now, however, they must tell their family and friends about their plans, and they both worry how their loved ones will react.
- 2. Part 2October 13, 202244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJenny struggles to adjust to life in India as Sumit worries that his parents will discover his secret. The couple receives devastating news from an immigration lawyer, and Jenny is distraught when Sumit must leave her alone to go placate his parents.
- 3. Part 3October 13, 202240minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJenny grows restless after being left alone for over a week, so she heads out to try and find a job. Sumit promises Jenny a ring ceremony to prove his commitment to her. Then, Jenny's daughters visit and ask Sumit uncomfortable questions about his family.
- 4. Part 4October 13, 202241minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSumit's parents learn about his relationship with Jenny, and Jenny discovers that Sumit is married. Reeling from this revelation, Jenny must decide whether or not to return to the US.
- 5. Part 5October 13, 202232minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJenny has been back in the US for five months, sleeping on her daughter's couch and living out of her suitcases. Although she's still processing the shocking news that Sumit has a wife, Jenny hasn't given up on love.
- 6. Part 6October 13, 202226minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSumit's brother worries that Sumit's relationship with Jenny -- who is older than their mother -- will bring shame to the family. Concerned about their mom, Jenny's daughters urge her to ask for proof that Sumit is actually getting divorced.
- 7. Part 7October 13, 202230minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn order for Jenny's wedding dreams to be a reality in India, Jenny and Sumit must have the support of Sumit's family. When Sumit's parents finally agree to meet to discuss their relationship, the nerves are at an all-time high.
- 8. Part 8October 13, 202245minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSumit must go to court to face his wife's criminal complaint against him. In addition, Sumit's parents are adamant that they will contest his relationship with Jenny if he pursues it. Then, COVID-19 brings India to a standstill.
- 9. Part 9October 13, 202247minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe clock is ticking on Jenny's visa. If they aren't married within a month, Jenny will have to leave India. A disastrous meeting with Sumit's brother convinces them that they need to talk with Sumit's parents face-to-face about their desire to marry.
- 10. Part 10October 23, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSumit brings Jenny to visit his astrologer, hoping for insight into their relationship. Jenny considers filing for a missionary visa as a backup plan, but her concerns about remaining in India with Sumit continue to grow.
- 11. Part 11October 23, 202221minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJenny confronts Sumit about his lack of responsibility, and she asks him to talk to his family about respecting her and including her in family events. Sumit shocks his family with news about Jenny, and his mother leaves in frustration and anger.
- 12. Part 12October 23, 202250minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSumit and Jenny have different explanations for his mother's anger, and the couple meets with his parents and a counselor. Sumit's mother announces that they will move in with the couple so she can teach Jenny the ways of an Indian wife.
- 13. Part 13October 23, 202224minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJenny wants Sumit's support while his parents are living with them. His mother criticizes Jenny's cooking and cleaning, and Jenny questions Sumit's dream that some day they will live happily together with his parents.
- 14. Part 14October 23, 202235minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe family astrologer insists that Sumit and Jenny's relationship is God's will, and Sumit's mother finally has a change of heart. Jenny asks Sumit when he wants to marry, but he's hesitant to set a date.
- 15. Part 15October 23, 202228minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThere are no longer any roadblocks to Jenny and Sumit marrying, but Sumit still seems hesitant. The astrologer advises them to marry in the court, not a formal wedding. Sumit admits to his friend that he has been keeping a secret from Jenny.
- 16. Part 16October 23, 202241minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSumit makes a confession to Jenny, who feels betrayed. After some reflection and news that Jenny's visa is set to expire, they decide to marry in a temple without Sumit's family present.
- 101. Jenny and SumitThis video is currently unavailableOctober 13, 20222minTV-14Check out Jenny and Sumit's 90 Day Journey!
- discovery plus Lifestyle
- Content advisory
- Violence alcohol use smoking foul language sexual content