Shock Trauma: Edge of LifeSeason 1
Doctors and nurses treat patients in life-threatening circumstances at the world-renowned Shock Trauma Center on the campus of the University of Maryland in Baltimore.
- 1. Emergency C-SectionJanuary 1, 201622minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe trauma team treats a woman with a gunshot wound to her belly. A pregnant woman is treated after a car crash, while another woman has fallen down a flight of stairs backwards and may have bleeding in the brain.
- 2. Zero Degree TraumaJanuary 8, 201622minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe trauma center gets slammed with victims of the bitter single-digit weather. The patients fight frostbite and ATV related injuries. With possible multi-organ trauma, the trauma team must battle to save their lives.
- 3. Lives on the LineJanuary 15, 201622minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA teenager is unresponsive after a car crash, and an adrenaline junkie crashes her motorcycle. A young professional who cannot recall why he was on the railroad track wakes up to find both feet have been amputated by a train.
- 4. The Baltimore RiotsJanuary 22, 201621minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe trauma center is slammed as Baltimore turns violent during protests. Police officers have injuries from hurled bricks and cinder blocks. Dr. Scalea sets up special teams to evaluate patients for life-threatening injuries.
- 5. Too Young to DieJanuary 29, 201622minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSurgeons fight for the lives of a teenager facing death from a bullet and a young girl hit by a train. A father is hurt after he hits a tractor-trailer with his car, and an experienced motorcycle driver loses control in a crash.
- 6. Collision CourseFebruary 5, 201622minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA mother and son both lose consciousness in a high-impact, multi-vehicle car crash.
- discovery plus Journeys