Beyond Reasonable DoubtSeason 1
An inside look at how high-profile criminal cases were ultimately solved through advances in forensic science or technology.
- 1. The Green River KillerAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSerial killer Gary Ridgeway murdered more than 50 women over two decades before he was caught. An advancement in forensic microscopy cracked open the case.
- 2. The Lady in the BarrelAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 1999, a woman's body was found in a barrel with a decades-old address book. A game-changing technology called spectral imaging recovered key information.
- 3. Left for DeadAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 2002, detectives hit a dead end in a rape case. Five years later, a groundbreaking DNA system helped authorities begin an epic hunt for the culprit.
- 4. Murdered BrideAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 1986, the LAPD attempted to track down a killer. Twenty years later, the advent of DNA testing provided a stunning new lead: the killer was a woman.
- 5. The Atlanta BombingsAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA bomb went off at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, killing one and injuring hundreds. Authorities used every tool at their disposal to bring the bomber to justice.
- 6. Murder in VegasAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA body was found inside a burnt antique trunk in the Nevada desert. Despite modern forensic tools, it was an old-school method that helped convict the killer.
- discovery plus