Jerusalem: City Of Faith And FurySeason 1
The story of one of the most controversial cities in history is brought to life, told through six epic conflicts and rivalries that shaped the "City of God," from Biblical times to the Roman Empire to the Cold War.
- 1. The KingdomAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Israelites wage war against the Philistines, ending in the battle of David and Goliath. David captures Jerusalem, making it the new capital. Upon his death, David's son ascends to the throne but proves to be a very different ruler than his father.
- 2. A Clash of EmpiresAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen King Herod claims Jerusalem, he angers Cleopatra in Egypt. The two trade political maneuvers as Mark Antony, the co-ruler of Rome, tries to control them. Despite this conflict, Herod the Great manages to modernize the ancient city.
- 3. Holy WarAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJerusalem has become a holy city for three of the major faiths of the world, and the tension reaches a climax during the epic battle between Saladin and Richard the Lionheart during the Third Crusade. The fate of the city hangs in the balance.
- 4. Modern City, Ancient ConflictAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJerusalem is under Ottoman rule when World War I begins. Palestinian Arabs lead a revolt, aided by Great Britain, and the war ends with the British in control, declaring the Crusades finally over and setting in train the city's next great conflict.
- 5. Independence and CatastropheAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhile World War II rages, Palestinian Arabs feel trapped, and Jewish refugees arrive in increasing numbers. When the state of Israel is declared, war breaks out immediately. At its end, Israel's independence is secured, but the Holy City lies divided.
- 6. Capital for All and NoneAugust 18, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 1967, Israel and its Arab neighbors are at war. But while Israel emerges victorious, its control of Palestinian Arab communities, on territory earmarked for a Palestinian state, creates the dilemma still plaguing the Holy Land to this day.
- discovery plus