IRODUKU : The World in Colors
In a world in the future where magic is still a part of everyday life, 17-year-old Hitomi Tsukishiro, a descendant of a family of mages, lost the ability to see colors when young and has grown up into a girl devoid of emotion. Concerned for her future, Hitomi’s grandmother Kohaku decides to send her back through time to the year 2018, where she discovers a world where vivid colors spring forth.
- S1 E1 - Where You BelongHitomi Tsukishiro, a girl from a family of mages who lost the ability to see color when young, gets sent 60 years into the past when her grandmother Kohaku tells her one night to go back in time and visit her when she was a 2nd-year student in high school.
- S1 E2 - I Can't Stand MagicHitomi sees the picture Yuito drew, and for a moment, her world regains its color. Now homestaying at Kohaku's house while Kohaku is abroad, Hitomi is urged to enroll at the nearby Minamigaoka High School by Kohaku's parents. A reluctant Hitomi comes to know an unexpected side of her young grandmother. Then, to prove she is a mage, Hitomi demonstrates her magic in front of the other students.
- S1 E3 - No Rain, No RainbowThe hands-on "club introductions" for new students have begun. Unable to forget Yuito's drawing, Hitomi visits the Photography Arts Club. Hiding her inability to see color, she takes up a paint brush for the first time in her life, at Yuito's request. She is then roped into their photo shoot. Petitioned by Kurumi, Hitomi is given the role of photo model, landing her in some unthinkable trouble.
- S1 E4 - STOP CALLING ME "GRANNY"!Kohaku is back. Right away, she shows impressive magic to the class, and cozies up to the Photo-Arts Club members. Hitomi feels intimidated by her grandmother, who is her exact opposite. The club decides to present a combination of photos and drawings for the next cultural festival. They head to the school to photograph the night skyline, but the atmosphere feels a little different than normal...
- S1 E5 - A Modest RecipeThe now school-approved approved 'Magic Photography Arts Club' decides to throw a party in celebration with their new member, Kohaku. Hitomi is entrusted with watching the Magic Shop, and wants to use the chance to try and face magic again. Through trial and error, she crafts her first star-sand to give to Yuito.
- S1 E6 - Golden FishWhen Yuito used the star-sand gifted to him by Hitomi, he saw the golden fish. It was the one from the picture he drew in grade school that won him his first award. For some reason, Hitomi is fascinated by it. Incidentally, the Magic Photography Arts Club is doing a photoshoot at Glover Garden when the golden fish appears again and leads Hitomi into the world of a drawing.
- S1 E7 - The Burden of VenusYuito and the inescapably awkward Hitomi charge into their summer break. The Magic Photography Arts Club begins preparations for their traditional annual training camp. Meanwhile, Kurumi laments over her less-than-favorable mock exam results. She receives advice from her sister, Ichika, a pastry chef, but ends up worrying even more...
- S1 E8 - Fragile FragmentsSummer is almost over, when one day on the way home, Kohaku is taken to the place where Hitomi had seen colors. Kohaku, who strongly desires to make people happy through magic, struggles to pin down the reason Hitomi's world lost its color. With assistance from Yuito, the three attempt to recreate the conditions present on 'the day she saw color.'
- S1 E9 - Wandering WordsHitomi seeks advice from president Sho with hopes of improving her photography skills. The two exchange a promise to go on a photo shoot together on their next day off. The day comes, and with cameras in hand, the two travel on foot to each location. After their full day together, just as they are parting ways, Sho calls out to Hitomi.
- S1 E10 - Monochromatic CrayonHitomi wants to make up with Asagi, and musters the courage to speak out. Asagi spills her heart, and after learning each other's true feelings, the air is cleared. Meanwhile, the Magic Photography Arts Club prepares for the Culture Festival. Kohaku suggests that the Magic Club perform a 'picture-entering magic' at the festival. The group enters a drawing and Yuito has an encounter...
- S1 E11 - The Waning MoonThe whole Magic Photography Arts Club is busy preparing for the Culture Festival. Kurumi, Sho, and Asagi’s Photography Club are working on their display, Yuito's drawing for the Magic Club's event is progressing, and Kohaku and Hitomi are focused on magic practice. Then suddenly, Hitomi vanishes in the dark room. She is soon found, but Kohaku realizes the danger. Hitomi slipped into a time gap.
- S1 E12 - On this Bright, Shining DayTwo days until the new moon and Hitomi's return trip. Suddenly having to part, unease and loneliness linger as the curtain opens on the Culture Festival. The Club's 'Magical Art Illusion' gains fame, while Asagi delights at the enjoyment her photos bring, and Yuito learns the joy of drawing for others. On the festival's second day, Hitomi and Yuito tour the school to savor their remaining time...
- S1 E13 - The World in ColorsThe time of parting has finally arrived. After the festival, Hitomi, Kohaku, and all of the club members gather in a nearby park. One by one, they share the feelings they've held close to their hearts with Hitomi as she prepares for her journey. Then, as she's expressing her gratitude, an anomaly occurs in the star-sand watch. Yuito tries to rescue Hitomi, and the two of them suddenly vanish.