Mysteries of the Abandoned: Hidden AmericaSeason 1
Scattered across the United States are abandoned structures, forgotten ruins of the past and monuments to a bygone era. Each one shines a light on the story of this land and its people, revealing the secrets of a hidden America.
- 1. Lake Delores WaterparkNovember 10, 202242minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAn eye-catching collection of graffiti covered structures that were once a pioneering entertainment attraction now stand derelict in the Mojave Desert; experts investigate and reveal the revolutionary remnants of America's first waterpark.
- 2. Abundant Life BuildingNovember 17, 202242minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA curiously designed, windowless building adorned with gold tinted diamond shapes now stands derelict in Tulsa; experts investigate and uncover a controversial religious figure and the headquarters behind a pioneering form of American TV evangelism.
- 3. Remains of the Super GuppyDecember 1, 202242minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA monstrous airplane that helped America reach new, historic heights sits decommissioned in Tucson, Arizona; experts investigate and reveal one of the most important aircraft of the 20th century and its contribution to the Apollo spaceflight program.
- 4. Black Hills Ordnance DepotDecember 8, 202242minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA sprawling military facility dotted with bunkers for miles now stands abandoned in the American heartland of Edgemont, South Dakota; experts investigate and uncover a once highly-secure WWII ordnance site designed to store deadly munitions.
- 5. Rebirth of AmboyDecember 15, 202242minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA derelict ghost town shows a curious revitalization along an iconic highway in the Mojave Desert; experts investigate and reveal a once thriving and bustling Route 66 stopover that's being resurrected into a historic Americana destination.
- 6. The SS United StatesDecember 22, 202242minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA historic sea vessel once considered the pinnacle of American engineering now rusts in the Delaware River; experts investigate and reveal the fastest passenger liner ever constructed and a masterpiece of marine architecture that doubled as a US warship.
- discovery plus Pop Science