The ChurchillsTemporada 1
David Starkey uncovers the links between Britain’s two greatest war leaders, both called Churchill: Winston, who defeated Hitler, and his ancestor John Churchill, who faced down Louis XIV of France. Starkey tells the story of the two greatest war leaders in British history, both of whom were called Churchill.
Al hacer clic en reproducir, aceptas nuestros Términos de uso
- 1. The Choice25 de julio de 201248 min13+SubtítulosEnglish [CC]Idiomas de audioEnglishThe story begins at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, on the great estate built by John Churchill, first Duke of Marlborough. His descendant, Winston, visited often and, while there, developed an interest in history, war, and writing. Fascinated by his ancestor, Winston later began his biography of John--Marlborough: His Life and Times.
- 2. The March to War1 de agosto de 201248 min13+SubtítulosEnglish [CC]Idiomas de audioEnglishIn 1932, Winston--then a low-level, out-of-power politician--visited Germany to do research for his biography and saw first-hand the rise of Hitler. Recognizing the patterns in the conflict between John Churchill and French king Louis XIV, Winston predicted imminent war in a time when peace was desired at all costs.
- 3. Grand Strategies8 de agosto de 201248 min13+SubtítulosEnglish [CC]Idiomas de audioEnglishAs World War II raged, Winston succeeded Neville Chamberlain as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. And while France faced total Nazi occupation, Winston drew upon the lessons of Marlborough’s war leadership, particularly in the Battle of Ramillies, to eventually win the war.
- David Sington
- Acorn TV
- Calificación por edades de Amazon
- 13+ (adolescentes). Más información