Murder in Amish CountrySeason 1
In a culture that prefers to deal with matters of justice internally, Murder in Amish Country uncovers some of the most-heinous crimes committed in closed communities whose members are known for their piety, principles and mistrust of the outside world.
- 1. Twisted ConfessionOctober 4, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAnna Borntreger has been dead for 10 years, so when her husband tells police he murdered her, they don't know what to make of his confession. Detectives question how far is this conflicted Amish widower will go to get the power and the woman he craves.
- 2. The Amish Serial KillerOctober 4, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen the body of a nine-year-old boy is found by the side of a rural highway, it takes police two years to identify him. The mystery leads police on a chilling odyssey into a secretive community and hot on the trail of an Amish serial killer.
- 3. The Amish StudOctober 4, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen a young Amish wife is found murdered in her bed, police uncover a dark world they never imagined existed. Detectives wonder how could a man in a devoutly religious community become a sexual Lothario who will do anything to get what he wants.
- 4. A God-Fearing WomanOctober 11, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishNaomi Huyard never strayed far from home, so her sudden disappearance rocks her tight-knit community to its core. When detectives make an unspeakable discovery, they soon realize there's much more to the story than meets the eye.
- 5. The Original Amish MurdererOctober 11, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Katie Gingerich is found murdered and disemboweled, even the most hardened police are shocked and left wondering how a conflict of faith in the strict Amish community could have led to such a brutal act that no one did anything to stop.
- 6. The Mennonite MobOctober 11, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen a Mennonite family man is stopped for drunk driving, no one could predict that it would expose a shocking underbelly of organized crime. Abraham Wiebe risks it all as a central figure in one of the largest criminal cases in Oklahoma history.
- discovery plus Ties That Bind