A Woman of Independent Means
In the early part of the 20th century, Bess Alcott marries her childhood sweetheart and begins a life in the high society of Dallas, Texas. However, as time goes by, things don't end up working out the way she expects. While having to face a few tragedies and doubts in her life, Bess finds that she must pick herself up and carry along in order to survive.
Freevee (with ads)
- S1 E1 - Night 1Watch on supported devicesBased on author Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey's novel about a turn-of-the-century woman who refuses to be ruled by society. After marrying her childhood sweetheart, Bess Alcott begins a life in the high society of Dallas, Texas. However, as time goes by, things don't end up turning out the way she expects, and Bess is left to face not only many personal triumphs, but losses as well.Freevee (with ads)
- S1 E2 - Night 2Watch on supported devicesAfter her husband dies of influenza, Bess finds that she must pick up and carry along with her life. She moves into a modest Dallas house with her family, and ends up working to save her late husband's company from bankruptcy. When the company is saved by a loan from Arthur Fineman, he ends up proposing to Bess.Freevee (with ads)
- S1 E3 - Night 3Watch on supported devicesFollowing the tragedy of losing her eldest son and feeling frustrated with her marriage, Bess accompanies her children on a Queen Mary cruise, where she experiences romance with an older man. Upon her return, she finds out that her husband has hired a private detective to follow her. After her father's death, Bess and Sam try to reconcile.Freevee (with ads)
- Content advisory
- Violence alcohol use smoking foul language sexual content
- Audio languages
- English [CC]
- Robert Greenwald
- Robert Greenwald
- Multicom Entertainment Group, Inc.