Something Borrowed, Something New
One of the most-important decisions for many women is what to wear down the aisle! A bridal stylist and a bridal designer help brides solve a classic dilemma: Wear a revamped family heirloom, or start a new tradition in a brand-new gown?
- 1. The Bride Who Won't DecideFebruary 8, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBride Jaime tries on her mom's 35-year-old gown, and her dad things it's perfect for her. But Mom thinks Jaime deserves a dress all her own and just wants her to finally make a decision after seven months of shopping.
- 2. Don't Mess with Latina JujuFebruary 8, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishFor curvy Latina bride Maricela, family comes above all. But with Kelly and Sam's guidance and expertise, she finds herself torn between a dress filled with tradition and one that makes her feel like a new woman.
- 3. Smother of the BrideFebruary 15, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishLauren has always tried to please her mom, but now she must learn to stand on her own. Mom is set on passing down her own gown, while Lauren's entourage remains open to a new dress. The decision is Lauren's -- if she can find her voice among the crowd.
- 4. A 1913 Dress for a 2013 BrideFebruary 15, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWith her wedding weeks away, bride Amy has yet to find a dress to match her unique style. Mom would love her to wear a 100-year-old family heirloom that both she and Amy's great grandmother wore. One big problem: The century-old fabric is falling apart!
- 5. A Blogger's Bridal BlissFebruary 22, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBridgette is a popular bridal blogger. Her gown must impress family, friends and her many readers. She lost her father as a teen, and her mother would love to honor his memory by seeing Bridgette say "I do" in the dress and coat she wore to their wedding.
- 6. Dad's Bride and JoyFebruary 22, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMed student Gina wants to look and feel perfect on her wedding day. Her dad suggests she wear a modest heirloom passed down through generations. Gina appreciates the sentimental value but craves modern options. It's a tough call for this analytical bride.
- 7. Bridal Culture ClashMarch 1, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJasmine is a young bride dying to flaunt her curves on her big day. Her devout Muslim mom has a very different idea of the perfect dress, and Jasmine's rocker sister has offbeat opinions of her own. This bride finds herself more torn than ever expected.
- 8. Everyone Has an OpinionMarch 1, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKatherine is planning her wedding in NYC and wants a gown as posh as her surroundings. Her mother and several relatives are pressuring her to choose a 70-year-old family heirloom dress. Can Katherine balance big city dreams and her family's expectations?
- 9. Burlesque BrideMarch 8, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDespite her family's plea, Aisha insists on wearing a vivid red gown to match her burlesque wedding theme. Her future sister-in-law has offered up her own designer gown to be dyed. Sam and Kelly have their work cut out for them!
- 10. Bridal RunaroundMarch 15, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJenny is a finicky bride who knows everything she doesn't want. Dozens of dresses later, she's yet to feel that "AH!" moment. Her mother is hoping a sentimental, custom gown all the way from Taiwan will win Jenny over.
- 11. Bridal Cover UpMarch 22, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishConservative bride Lauren wants a gown as modest as it is grand. Her mother's knit tank dress certainly has her covered, but it's not the dress of her dreams. Can Lauren hold her ground when family and friends urge her to choose a more revealing gown?
- 12. Cling-On MomMarch 29, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishNewly-confident Courtney has lost over 100 pounds and wants to show off her new body! There's just one thing standing in the way -- her persistent mother, who will be devastated if Courtney doesn't choose the gown both she and Courtney's grandmother wore.
- 13. A Bride's Right to Bear ArmsApril 5, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMonika dreams of a long-sleeved dress, which makes Sam's search difficult. She is close to Kathleen, her future mother-in-law, and coincidentally, Kathleen's '70s gown fits the bill. She offers it to Monika, but this nice gesture may prove complicated.
- 14. Dazed and I Do'sApril 12, 201321minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishNina and her mom are very close, and Mom is having a hard time accepting that her daughter is growing up, getting married and moving out. Mom's puffy-sleeved, tea-length, '80s gown is a tough sell for anyone, especially this subdued young bride.
- discovery plus Style