My 600-lb Life
These stories document the incredible seven-year journey that four individuals take as they strive to lose weight through diet and gastric bypass surgery in order to get their life back and to escape the obesity that is immobilizing them.
- 1. Melissa's Story (Part 1)December 31, 201243minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAt 31 years old, Melissa weighs over 650 lbs. Now that she has come to terms with her health problems, she is ready to begin her seven-year weight loss journey.
- 2. Melissa's Story (Part 2)December 31, 201243minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishTwo years after her gastric bypass surgery, Melissa struggles to get to her ideal size. With the strain the weight loss is taking on her relationship, she wonders if her journey will allow her to reclaim her life.
- 3. Donald's StoryFebruary 8, 201243minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThirty-four-year-old Donald is frustrated with the way his weight has limited what he can do with his life. Motivated by the love of his parents and a future where he can date again, he begins his journey to lose 400 of his 675 lbs.
- 4. Henry's StoryFebruary 15, 201243minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAt 715 lbs, Henry begins his weight loss journey in the hopes of transforming himself in time to attend his high school reunion.
- 5. Ashley's StoryFebruary 22, 201243minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAshley's career was derailed after she was let go due to her excessive weight. Now she aims to turn her life around so that she can achieve her goal of owning a childcare facility.
- discovery plus Journeys