The Bush Years: Family, Duty, PowerSeason 1
The triumphant, tragic and heroic story of one of the most powerful political families in American history, told through archival footage and interviews.
- 1. Part One: Fathers and SonsAugust 18, 202243minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter returning from war, George H.W. Bush reunited with his sweetheart Barbara. They married and had their first child — another future president.
- 2. Part Two: The Price of LoyaltyAugust 18, 202243minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBlinded by loyalty to his president and ignoring the advice of his family, George H.W. Bush was betrayed by Richard Nixon.
- 3. Part Three: A Family TriumphAugust 18, 202243minTV-MAAudio languagesEnglishGeorge H.W. Bush became a loyal vice president to Ronald Reagan. His son George committed to a life of sobriety and helped propel his father to the presidency.
- 4. Part Four: First FamilyAugust 18, 202243minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Bushes finally made it to the White House, but having a father as president hit Neil Bush hard when he became involved in the S&L scandal of the 1980s.
- 5. Part Five: A Sibling RivalryAugust 18, 202243minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBrothers George W. and Jeb Bush were determined to make it to the governor's mansion, but only one succeeded.
- 6. Part Six: End of a Dynasty?August 18, 202243minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishPresident George W. Bush strived to secure the second term his father never won. But the war he started in Iraq will cast a long shadow on the family.
- discovery plus