The Lake Erie Murders
The darkest, deepest depths of human depravity are revealed as investigators and victims' loved ones recount Lake Erie's most haunting homicides.
- 1. Part 1: MissingJuly 24, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic is lured to a suburban Ohio shopping mall by an unknown man and is never seen again, a 30-year mystery and nationwide manhunt ensues.
- 2. Part 2: The HuntJuly 31, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAmy's killer remains at large, and a cavalcade of suspects emerges, each more compelling than the last. Then, 106 days after Amy was taken, a gruesome discovery is made some 50 miles away from her Bay Village, Ohio, home: a body.
- 3. Part 3: New EvidenceAugust 7, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAmy's killer remains on the loose as the case goes nationwide. Amy's mom appears on Oprah. And then, finally, there is a confession. A man stands up in church in a neighboring town and declares: "I killed Amy Mihaljevic."
- 4. High School HorrorJanuary 6, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen the body of beautiful high school student Debbie Gama is discovered in a creek wrapped in wire, the ensuing investigation uncovers a secret world of twisted sex, drugs, sadomasochism and bondage.
- 5. Alley of DeathJanuary 13, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen 14-year-old Gloria Pointer is found raped and murdered in an alleyway, it is the start of a 30-year quest for answers by her mother who will not give up until she finds justice for her daughter.
- 6. The Butcher of BuffaloJanuary 20, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMother of three Joan Giambra is discovered strangled and lying naked under her comatose 11-year old daughter. The young girl becomes the only hope of catching a serial killer, but will she remember his identity?
- 7. Blood in the WaterJanuary 27, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen a bag containing body parts washes up on the shore of the lake, the search for missing 10-year old Holly Jones becomes a grisly murder investigation. Police race to find the perpetrator of this shocking crime.
- 8. The Beverly Potts MysteryMarch 14, 20218minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA missing person's case has haunted Lake Erie for six decades. In 2000, ready to turn himself in, the abductor wrote to the local papers. He did not turn up for his arrest. Thanks to a tipster, the police may finally find justice for Beverly Potts.
- 9. The Search For Joseph ChandlerMarch 14, 20219minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDiagnosed with cancer, Joe Chandler committed suicide in 2002. Police tried to locate someone to inherit his $82,000 and found that he had stolen the identity of a man who had died in 1945. His DNA reveals that his real last name could be Nicholas.
- 10. Ted Conrad’s Bank HeistMarch 14, 20219minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishTed Conrad, AKA Cleveland's own Steve McQueen, had pulled off a Hollywood worthy heist. One Friday afternoon he walked out of the bank he worked in, with $215,000 in cash and promptly disappeared. He was last seen indulging himself in a bar in Hawaii.
- 11. The Murder of Marilyn SheppardMarch 14, 20219minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglish4th of July,1954, Marilyn Sheppard was bludgeoned to death in her home. After claiming she was killed by an intruder, her husband Sam went to prison for her murder, but he was later acquitted. New forensic evidence could finally solve this cold case.
- 12. Disappearance of AshleyMarch 14, 20219minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishRecently a woman with a striking resemblance to Ashley was caught on CCTV. Ashley disappeared in July 2007 and was believed to have been killed by the infamous Ariel Castro. Was Ashley murdered in 2007 or did she run away to start a new life?
- discovery plus