After his wedding day disaster, Dr. Martin Ellingham (Martin Clunes, Men Behaving Badly) is even grumpier and ruder than before. His former fiancee, Louisa (Caroline Catz, Murder in Suburbia), has left the village to avoid embarressment. The doctor himself plans to return to London as a surgeon--if he can conquer his fear of blood. But it's hard to leave a place as charming and full of eccentric characters as Portwenn.Matters quickly become complicated when Louisa moves back with startling news. Meanwhile, Martin's old flame, Edith Montgomery (Lia Williams), takes a job at the local hospital and sets her sights on the doc. Sparks and rumors fly as patients crowd his office: a shouting oil rigger, the inept local constable, a woman who sees her dead husband's ghost, and a man who eats his own hair. Facing all this, will Doc Martin leave Portwenn after all?
- 1. Better the DevilAugust 4, 201346minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDoc Martin finds life in Portwenn even more infuriating now that Louisa is gone. At the local hospital, he is stunned to meet Edith, his former girlfriend from medical school. Martin learns of a job in London just as Louisa comes calling again.
- 2. Uneasy Lies the HeadAugust 4, 201346minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishLouisa insists she doesn't want Martin involved in her life, and he agrees. Later, she schedules a medical check-up and makes an awkward discovery: Edith will be her new doctor.
- 3. Perish Together as FoolsAugust 4, 201346minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThere's something wrong with PC Penhale's older brother, Sam. Elsewhere, Bert Large gives romantic advice to his son, Al, which only makes things worse with Pauline.
- 4. Driving Mr. McLynnAugust 4, 201345minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDoc Martin is appalled to learn that Louisa wants her old job back as head teacher, and Aunt Joan is having money problems.
- 5. The DepartedAugust 4, 201346minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMartin goes to London for an interview and lies about his fear of blood. On the train back to Portwenn, the passenger seated beside him has a medical emergency.
- 6. Midwife CrisisAugust 4, 201346minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA midwife arrives in Portwenn and immediately clashes with Martin, while Bert Large is smitten with a new cook at his restaurant.
- 7. Do Not DisturbAugust 4, 201346minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter Pauline steams open a confidential letter addressed to Martin, the news of his departure spreads. Martin attends a conference with Edith, where she assumes they will share a room.
- 8. The Wrong GoodbyeAugust 4, 201346minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIt's Doc Martin's last day in Portwenn, and his office is packed with patients. Edith turns up, expecting an apology, and Aunt Joan rebukes Martin as well.
- Ben BoltMinkie Spiro
- Mark Crowdy
- Acorn Media
- Supporting actors
- Ian McNeice