Grand Tours of Scotland
With a Victorian guidebook in hand, historian Paul Murton travels the country and traces the changes that have occurred since the birth of Scottish tourism 200 years ago.
Ved at klikke på Afspil accepterer du vores Betingelser for brug.
- 1. The Romantic Ideal5. oktober 201029minTV-14UnderteksterEnglish [CC]LydsprogEnglishHistorian Paul Murton goes in search of "the Romantic ideal" and discovers how Sir Walter Scott played a key role in reinventing Scotland.
- 2. The Sporting Life12. oktober 201029minTV-14UnderteksterEnglish [CC]LydsprogEnglishOn an original 1870s tricycle, Murton travels to Royal Deeside to learn how Scotland’s mountains and glens became a destination for rich gentlemen to test their mettle.
- 3. In Search of the Real Scotland19. oktober 201029minTV-14UnderteksterEnglish [CC]LydsprogEnglishWhen railways spread across the country, tourists ventured for the first time to Scotland’s west coast. Murton takes the Jacobite train to Mallaig and the Isle of Skye.
- 4. Mind, Body, and Spirit2. november 201029minTV-14UnderteksterEnglish [CC]LydsprogEnglishMurton goes in search of the stunning Highland landscapes that have attracted visitors for the past 200 years with the promise of improving mind, body, and spirit.
- 5. In Search of Perfect Isolation9. november 201029minTV-14UnderteksterEnglish [CC]LydsprogEnglishMore-adventurous tourists braved the rough seas to travel to Orkney and Shetland, hoping to restore themselves in the peace and quiet of the remote Northern Isles.
- 6. Wish You Were Here16. november 201029minTV-14UnderteksterEnglish [CC]LydsprogEnglishWhen working people eventually won the right to some free time, most headed not to the romantic Highlands for a holiday but to the seaside.
- Paul Murton
- Kathryn Ross
- Vold rygning grimt sprog