The InvisiblesSeason 1
Retired thieves take another crack at crime in this lighthearted British drama starring Warren Clarke (Dalziel and Pascoe), Anthony Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and Jenny Agutter (MI-5). But after years of retirement-and, well, just years-do Maurice and Syd still have what it takes? The criminal competes with the comical in six action-packed episodes filled with heists and hijinks.
- 1. -01April 30, 200856min13+Audio languagesEnglishDespite promising to keep clear of crime, Maurice and Syd agree to do one last job to pay off a debt. The duo quickly discovers that their housebreaking and safecracking skills aren't what they used to be. Even so, the son of their former partner convinces them to resurrect the Invisibles.
- 2. -02May 7, 200858min13+Audio languagesEnglishMaurice and Syd get a shock when a retired cop from their past shows up-and tries to blackmail them into doing a job for him. To keep that past hidden from his daughter, Maurice reluctantly agrees. He and Syd show a little more enthusiasm, however, when they discover the target of the heist.
- 3. -3May 14, 200857minALLAudio languagesEnglishFour-times-married Syd runs into an old flame who has been thrice married herself and is currently down on her luck. As Syd falls for her again, Barbara loses a cherished bracelet that Maurice gave her years ago. Jealousy clouds Maurice's judgment in his search for the bracelet, which turns up in a very unlikely place.
- 4. -04May 21, 200859min13+Audio languagesEnglishMaurice is distressed about the ladies in his life: daughter Grace, who is going to New York with her boyfriend to perform on the stage, and wife Barbara, who wants to keep his secret life secret from Grace. And then there's the one Maurice has thought about almost every day for the last 15 years, "the iron lady" herself.
- 5. -05May 28, 200859min13+Audio languagesEnglishHedley has second thoughts about the crime game when he learns he's about to become a father. Seeing the former tough guy go soft makes Maurice question the career choices he made when Grace was born. Meanwhile, with his confidence shot and his aggression gone, Hedley faces a rival pub manager in the boxing ring for a charity match.
- 6. -06June 4, 200859min13+Audio languagesEnglishA health scare leaves Maurice seeking a less stressful life and Syd yearning for his lost youth. Barbara has other plans, however, after her daughter's prize violin is stolen. Efforts to recover it lead the Invisibles to their greatest danger yet.