90 Day Journey: Angela & MichaelSeason 1
Angela, a fiery grandmother from Georgia, has decided she deserves another shot at love. Although Michael is 22 years her junior and lives in Nigeria, Angela truly believes she has found her soulmate. Angela's family, however, is not so sure.
- 1. Part 1March 25, 202325minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAlthough grandmother Angela has never left the country, she prepares to fly to Nigeria and propose to Michael, who she met online. Between her family's serious doubts and a last minute travel snafu, however, Angela wonders if she will ever make it.
- 2. Part 2March 14, 202127minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela arrives in Nigeria, and although Michael is thrilled to welcome her, he is a bit overwhelmed by her energy. Then, Angela is nervous about meeting Michael's mother, and the couple encounters some cultural differences that may cause problems.
- 3. Part 3March 14, 202133minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe couple tries to work on their communication issues, but their age difference and the fact that Angela may not be able to have a biological child are problems that will be hard to overcome. Then, Angela is furious when she catches Michael in a lie.
- 4. Part 4March 14, 202138minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela is angry and deeply hurt after Michael's confession about cheating, and he pleads with her to stay with him in Nigeria. The couple faces the reality that Angela will soon return to the US, and Angela has a surprise for Michael before she leaves.
- 5. Part 5March 14, 202125minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela prepares to head back to Nigeria to see Michael again before he can hopefully come to the US on a K-1 visa. Struggling with trust issues and wedding planning stress, Angela must also ask her daughter, Skyla, for the biggest favor imaginable.
- 6. Part 6March 14, 202136minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela and Michael reunite in Nigeria, but almost immediately they become embroiled in a dangerous situation. Later, the couple takes a boat ride to celebrate Michael's birthday, but when Angela catches Michael lying again, it may be the last straw.
- 7. Part 7March 14, 202126minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela and Michael visit Michael's mother, who insists that Michael must have a child. When Angela explains that they will do everything they can, but that it might not be possible, Michael's mother makes a suggestion that stuns them both.
- 8. Part 8March 14, 202133minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMichael feels disrespected after Angela gets into a heated argument with his friends. Then, Michael's family throws the couple an engagement party, and Michael and Angela try to find a way to tell Michael's mom that Angela may not be able to have a baby.
- 9. Part 9March 14, 202130minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela gets Botox injections as she prepares herself and her family for Michael's impending arrival in the US. Michael still has to get through his final visa interview, however, and Angela worries that he doesn't fully understand what is at stake.
- 10. Part 10March 14, 202147minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter receiving bad news about Michael's visa, Angela and Michael both consult attorneys about what to do next. Angela flies to Nigeria so they can talk about it together, but the conversation devolves as they bicker about Michael's embassy interview.
- 11. Part 11March 14, 202132minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela clashes with Michael's family when they say Michael should leave her if she won't marry him in Nigeria and go for the US spousal visa. Angela agrees to consider it to appease them, but she wonders how she would break that news to her family.
- 12. Part 12March 14, 202126minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDuring a dance class with her daughter Skyla, Angela drops the bomb that she is planning on getting married in Nigeria. Later, Angela faces some frightening news when she checks in with her gynecologist, and she has an emotional talk with her mother.
- 13. Part 13March 14, 202135minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela is annoyed when Skyla breaks the news that she will not go to Nigeria to act as her mother's witness. In Nigeria, Michael prepares for Angela's arrival and talks with his aunt. Later, Angela works herself into a frenzy during her biopsy.
- 14. Part 14March 14, 202125minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela is excited to finally head back to Nigeria, but she's devastated to leave her ailing mother. Michael is ecstatic to welcome Angela back, but Angela once again becomes suspicious when Michael introduces her to some new friends -- who are all women.
- 15. Part 15March 14, 202134minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela refuses to take on the duties of a Nigerian wife and cook for Michael's mother and aunt. Later, Angela worries that Michael will leave her now that her recent health scare has made it clear that she will likely never be able to carry a child.
- 16. Part 16March 14, 202128minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMichael's family worries that Michael's overbearing mother will object to their marriage when she learns Angela cannot have children. Later, Angela becomes exasperated at a marriage counseling session when she is told she needs to be more submissive.
- 17. Part 17March 14, 202119minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela screams at Michael for not supporting her when it comes to his family, and emphasizes that she will not morph into a submissive housewife. Angela declares that unless Michael's mom accepts her for who she is, the wedding is off!
- 18. Part 18March 14, 202125minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela becomes emotional as the realization that her family won't be there for her Nigerian wedding sinks in. Then, Angela unleashes fire and fury when she sees Michael ogling another girl at a joint bachelor-bachelorette party.
- 19. Part 19March 14, 202152minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela and Michael's wedding day in Nigeria has finally arrived! Everyone holds their breath when Angela gets to the vow to "obey" Michael. Then, Angela learns that her mother is in the hospital, and she must leave her new husband and rush back to the US.
- 20. Part 20August 21, 202134minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela's been dealing with the aftermath of her mom's passing and life in quarantine -- all without Michael, who's still stuck in Nigeria. With the pressure of it all, Angela has put on a lot of weight and is thinking of taking big measures to lose it.
- 21. Part 21August 21, 202134minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela has decided to take a big step and get weight loss surgery, but she may not be able to make the changes her doctors want. The night before her surgery, Angela finally tells Michael about the second procedure she is planning to have.
- 22. Part 22August 21, 202134minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe doctors encounter a complication after Angela's surgery. Later, as she begins her recovery, Angela worries about how Michael will react to her new appearance.
- 23. Part 23August 21, 202139minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela is disappointed that Michael was unsupportive of her during her surgeries. When she reveals that she is considering additional procedures, he becomes upset about the cost, further angering Angela.
- 24. Part 24August 21, 202136minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAngela reveals she's lost 40 pounds since her surgery and is loving her "sexy Meemaw" body. Suspicious that something is up with Michael, Angela meets with an IT specialist to try to track his phone.
- 25. Part 25August 21, 202133minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn the aftermath of their huge fight, Angela considers filing divorce papers. When Angela and Michael finally talk, Michael's behavior enrages Angela further. Later, Angela's psychic suggests she talk to Michael for a reading.
- Angela and Michael2minTV-14
Check out Angela and Michael's 90 Day Journey!
- discovery plus Lifestyle