Outlaw TechSeason 1
With complex security systems designed to stop the world's most nefarious criminal masterminds, the high-tech arsenal used on both sides of the law during amazing capers is explored.
- 1. North Korean Counterfeit PlotApril 26, 201742minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAn investigation targets a high-tech North Korean plot to counterfeit American $100 bills. An identity thief uses a hacking scheme to steal $100 million. When an ex-KGB agent dies, authorities are shocked by what they find.
- 2. Cocaine Sub WarsMay 3, 201742minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDrug lords in South America have built a fleet of narco-subs to carry cocaine to the US. These vessels are engineered to escape detection by law enforcement. A gambling addict masterminds a bold casino heist.
- 3. The Real Ocean's 11May 10, 201742minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA criminal breaches a bank vault and steals over $100 million in jewels. A simple invention helps thieves make off with over $5 million in gold. When over 500 luxury cars vanish, authorities uncover a high-tech hack worth $30 mil.
- 4. Escape of El ChapoMay 17, 201742minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIncredible science and engineering helped El Chapo escape from prison in Mexico. In just 10 hours, $40 million disappears from ATMs across the planet. A high-tech scheme turns the tables on a casino for a huge payout.
- 5. FBI Inside JobMay 24, 201742minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA hacker steals $400 million and eludes capture by the FBI, until the Feds realize he's one of them. Millions in drugs are stolen from a super-secure warehouse. Criminals run an elaborate scheme to steal a fortune worth of gas.
- 6. World's Smartest ThiefMay 31, 201742minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA thief uses his cunning and a few high-tech gadgets to steal a priceless treasure from a palace. Bank robbers tunnel underground to hit an impregnable vault. Hackers try to steal $440 million from a bank using its own defenses.
- discovery plus Pop Science