Darby & JoanSeason 1
Widowed English nurse Joan Kirkhope (Greta Scacchi) is on a quest to find answers about her husband's mysterious death, while ex-detective Jack Darby (Bryan Brown) has taken to the open road to escape his past. But when they collide in the Australian outback and become drawn into a series of mysteries, this unlikely investigative duo soon realize the most intriguing puzzle they face is each other.
- 1. Episode 1August 7, 202244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter a vehicular collision with the enigmatic Jack, Joan's first stop in her (covert and novice) investigation into her husband's betrayal brings them to a waterside paradise where a group of old friends have gathered. Then a tragic death puts a stop to the party. Was it an accidental drowning, or is this idyllic land so intensely beautiful, it's worth killing for?
- 2. Episode 2August 7, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJack takes a detour to a banana plantation to help his longtime friend and former brother-in-law, Declan, recover a cache of stolen guns. It soon becomes clear that there is more to the gun theft than first appeared, and unraveling the mystery leads to some surprising emotional truths. As Joan begins to get the hang of investigating, she turns her newfound talent to learning more about Jack.
- 3. Episode 3August 14, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAt a remote, mountaintop campground, and after a devastating revelation about Ian's past, Jack and Joan take a moment to unwind with a friendly bunch of fellow tourists. When a high-end caravan is stolen, everyone becomes a suspect—and, it turns out, everyone has something to hide. Joan's frustration with Jack puts her life in danger after the thieves return to steal her motorhome.
- 4. Episode 4August 14, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs Jack and Joan prepare for her first southern hemisphere Christmas by the beach, a reef dive goes catastrophically wrong, and Joan does all she can to save an injured diver. With a young woman's life in the balance, Joan and Jack discover the accident is really a case of sabotage. The mystery hits home for Jack, who secretly seeks out a woman from his past to make amends for his mistakes.
- 5. Episode 5August 21, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn a small outback town on New Year's Eve, Joan's search for answers about Ian is waylaid when the motorhome runs out of fuel. Taking jobs as waiters to secure the only room available at the local pub, Jack and Joan are drawn into the illegal tobacco trade. Sparks fly on the dance floor before a real fire breaks out, and Joan is convinced the police have arrested the wrong suspect for the arson.
- 6. Episode 6August 21, 202243minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAt a small coastal community, Jack reconnects with Elyse—the daughter of Rosemary, the bride Jack left at the altar. A surf lifesaving champion, Elyse believes someone tampered with a drug test, causing her to be banned from her sport just before the national championships. While Jack attempts to clear Elyse's name, Joan is shaken when she discovers the truth about Jack and Rosemary's past.
- 7. Episode 7August 28, 202244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishRebecca's sudden arrival throws Joan into turmoil as she struggles with how to tell her daughter about the murder charges against Ian. Tracing Ian's last movements is put on hold when a neurodivergent Indigenous boy goes missing and the search becomes a potential abduction investigation. Rebecca is determined to bring her mother back to London and begins to question Joan's well-being.
- 8. Episode 8August 28, 202242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Jack is struck by a hit-and-run driver, it sparks some unexpected truths and the return of a threat from Jack's past. As Jack recovers, he and Joan track down Ian's long-lost son, who holds the keys to the mystery. But is she ready to put the past to rest? And will the new threat facing Jack see the end of this journey together?
- 9. The Making of Darby & Joan (Bonus Content)August 7, 20223minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC], Español [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAn inside look at the making of Darby and Joan.
- ACORN TV