Wainwright Walks Coast to CoastSeason 1
Julia Bradbury treks from coast to coast of northern England-through the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, and North York Moors-to see sweeping views and varied landscapes.
- 1. Gateway to the LakesApril 8, 200927minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJulia begins her adventure at the western extremity of northern England: St Bees Head, in Cumbria. But the weather deteriorates fast as she tackles the Lakeland valley.
- 2. Heart of the LakesApril 15, 200928minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishOver three mountain ranges and across three valleys, the second stage of Julia’s journey across northern England is a grand traverse of the much-loved Lake District.
- 3. Eden and the PenninesApril 22, 200928minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs Julia begins her climb up and over the Pennines, the spine of England is a landmark on the walk, but during the wettest autumn in memory, it’s a very boggy challenge.
- 4. Swaledale UncoveredApril 29, 200928minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJulia next journeys across Swaledale in the Yorkshire Dales. The villages, landscape, and history are a delight, as Julia learns about the area’s lost mining industry.
- 5. Mowbray and the MoorsMay 6, 200927minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJulia explores the medieval streets of the historic town of Richmond, before enjoying the broad views and fine weather on the rugged escarpment of the North York Moors.
- 6. The End of the RoadMay 13, 200928minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJulia completes the North York Moors before glimpsing the North Sea. Then she ventures through Littlebeck’s tranquil woods to Robin Hood’s Bay for a clifftop finale.
- Acorn TV