Life and Death Row
Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson has scheduled eight men to be put to death within ten days of each other. The reason for the unprecedented timetable is to use up the state's supply of a lethal injection drug. With access to the families of victims, and of those on death row, this compelling documentary series follows the eight cases from both sides, in the time leading up to each execution.
- 1. The Mass Execution - Part 1February 17, 201851minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishStacey Johnson is scheduled to be executed for a crime that he claims he didn't commit. With just weeks to go, his wife and stepdaughter are doing all they can to stop the execution. Elsewhere Susan, whose mother was murdered by Don Davis in 1990, has been waiting for his execution for decades. She wants justice to finally be carried out so she and her family can find peace.
- 2. The Mass Execution - Part 2February 17, 201852minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDeath row inmate Stacey Johnson is trying to get his execution stayed on the basis that DNA testing could prove his innocence. However, the daughter of Johnson's victim, who witnessed the murder, is fighting for the execution to go ahead. Ledell Lee is scheduled to die on the same night as Johnson. His attorney is attempting to halt the execution on the basis that he didn't receive a fair trial.
- 3. The Mass Execution - Part 3February 17, 201851minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDeath row inmate Jack Jones has severe medical problems. His family believe the medication he is on could mean the lethal injection drugs don't work, resulting in an agonizing death. The family of his victim are desperate for justice. Marcel Williams is on death row for rape and murder. His attorney is fighting to save his life, arguing his original lawyers made serious mistakes during the trial.
- 4. The Mass Execution - Part 4February 17, 201852minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe family of a murdered teenager are fighting for the execution of death row inmate Jason McGehee. His lawyers argue that his sentence is unjust, as he is only one out of a group of teenagers responsible for the murder. Kayla Greenwood's father was murdered by death row inmate Kenneth Williams. In an extraordinary act of forgiveness, Kayla is desperate to reconnect the killer with his daughter.
- 5. The Mass Execution - Part 5February 17, 201849minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKenneth Williams was sentenced to death for the murder of a 57-year-old farmer named Cecil Boren. Boren was shot dead while Williams was on the run, fleeing from prison shortly after being sentenced to life for a separate slaying. Now Boren’s family are waiting for the execution they hope will bring closure to their pain.
- 6. John RamirezFebruary 17, 201852minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA former US Marine, John Ramirez, is seven days away from execution. In 2008, he was sentenced to death for a robbery that netted him a grand total of $1.25 and left a store worker dead. As his last days approach, John meets the son he fathered on the run. The hope of buying more time to bond with his son gives the condemned man the will to fight for his life on death row.