Grand Tours Of Scotland
2023ÖVER 16 ÅR
Paul Murton returns for another adventure reliving the golden days of Scottish tourism. Uncovering stories of pioneering female tourists, discovering the delights of Butlins holiday camp, and traveling from the icy shores of the Lake of Menteith to the summit of Ben Nevis, the country"s tallest mountain, Paul learns how Scotland was first promoted as a winter holiday destination.
Genom att klicka på spela upp godkänner du våra användarvillkor.
- 1. Scotland in Miniature - The Isle of Arran8 januari 202329minÖVER 16 ÅRUndertexterEnglish [CC]LjudspråkEnglishPaul Murton visits one of Scotland"s beloved holiday destinations, the Isle of Arran. Known as "Scotland in miniature," this diverse island has ruined castles, rugged mountains, stunning wildlife, and even a nudist beach. Paul begins his tour at the famous King"s Cave, then travels on to Lochranza, the northern gateway of the island, before ending his trip at Cleat"s Shore.
- 2. The Feminine Touch8 januari 202329minÖVER 16 ÅRUndertexterEnglish [CC]LjudspråkEnglishScotland was once considered to be a "man"s world," full of unseen perils that only the brave would face. Paul travels through Dumfries and Galloway to uncover the stories of the pioneering female tourists who boldly headed north to explore Scotland. Paul"s itinerary takes in Gretna Green, Dumfries, Wanlockhead, Palnackie on the Solway Firth, and Portpatrick.
- 3. A Walk on the Wild Side8 januari 202329minÖVER 16 ÅRUndertexterEnglish [CC]LjudspråkEnglishPaul crosses the country coast-to-coast, from the remote lighthouse at Tarbat Ness over to the iconic castle of Eilean Donan. Venturing off the beaten track, Paul encounters the beautiful bottlenose dolphins that live in the Cromarty Firth before riding horseback through one of Scotland"s most spectacular locations, Glen Affric.
- 4. A Bed for the Night8 januari 202329minÖVER 16 ÅRUndertexterEnglish [CC]LjudspråkEnglishVenturing from the shores of the Firth of Forth into the depths of rural Perthshire, Paul beds down in everything from a hippy yurt to the exclusive Lochnagar suite at the Gleneagles Hotel. His itinerary takes in South Queensferry, Dunfermline, Rumbling Brig, and Stirling.
- 5. From Burns to Butlins8 januari 202329minÖVER 16 ÅRUndertexterEnglish [CC]LjudspråkEnglishPaul visits the places connected to the life of one of the first global superstars: Robert Burns, the poet who made Ayrshire famous. His "Grand Tour" begins at Burns"s birthplace, Alloway, before heading for the coast and discovering the delights of Butlins, bathing, and ice cream at Ayr, Saltcoats, and Largs. The final leg of his journey takes in Mauchline and a visit to the Ayr races.
- 6. It's Just Like8 januari 202329minÖVER 16 ÅRUndertexterEnglish [CC]LjudspråkEnglishPaul travels from the icy shores of the Lake of Menteith to the summit of Britain"s highest and most wintery mountain, Ben Nevis, to discover how Scotland was first promoted as a winter holiday destination. After all, Aviemore is "just like Switzerland"—isn"t it?
- ACORN TV