Walking Tudor EnglandSeason 1
Journeying around England on the trail of the Tudor dynasty, historian Suzannah Lipscomb explores some of the most significant sites of that fascinating time.
- 1. The South CoastJuly 12, 202145minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSuzannah begins at Southsea Castle, where Henry VIII’s flagship wrecked, before exploring Old Portsmouth’s naval fortifications and weighing Sir Francis Drake’s legacy.
- 2. East AngliaJuly 19, 202144minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn the rich, rural lands of East Anglia, Suzannah follows the trail of “Bloody” Queen Mary, detailing her ascension to the throne and questioning whether England’s first queen deserves her fearsome reputation. In Norwich, she views the execution place of Protestant martyrs before visiting a country manor house and crossing Mary’s estates to Framlingham Castle, where Mary was proclaimed queen.
- 3. Heart Of England: MidlandsJuly 26, 202144minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSuzannah walks through the heart of England, from Kenilworth in Warwickshire to Stamford in Lincolnshire, to uncover the stories behind Elizabeth I's reign.
- 4. LondonAugust 2, 202144minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSuzannah explores London as she walks along the Thames between Greenwich and Hampton Court, examining London Bridge, the Dutch Church, and the South Bank along the way.
- 5. The WealdAugust 9, 202144minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSuzannah visits the Weald, a quiet corner of Kent and East Sussex, where she spends time at Penshurst Place and Hever Castle to learn about Henry VIII's life.
- 6. YorkshireAugust 16, 202144minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs Suzannah walks across the hills and dales of Yorkshire, she discovers the story of the Reformation at sites including St. Mary's Abbey and Markenfield Hall.