Funny Little Stories
The Covid-19 pandemic is the driving force behind borderline situations experienced in the 5 episodes of the series. Loneliness, claustrophobia, desire, jealousy, fear, unemployment and a thirst for life spur the characters in confinement. Recorded without any direct contact between the team and the actors, the series relies on movie magic to provide the audience with clever entertainment.
IMDb 5.020215 episodes
- S1 E1 - HYPOCHONDRIACIn addition to dreading the virus, the man of the house is so paranoid that he torments his confined family and controls their daily routine. A hypochondriac, locked in his room after showing suspicious symptoms, João carries out strategic command for war. A woman annoyed by a lack of sex and an elderly mother not convinced of giving up her freedom insist on defying João’s imposing rules.
- S1 E2 - COLLAPSEIn a luxury building that could stand for Brazil, there are two symbolic extremes of a country marked by social inequality. The penthouse is home to Edgar, a professional in the financial market, distressed with the crashing stock market. Zezinho works in the lobby. He misses his wife, whom he hasn't seen since he began sleeping on the job.
- S1 E3 - ONLINE SEXClaudia and Chico are an example of the saying “when lack of money enters through the door, love goes out the window”. Pregnant, she just lost her job. He’s an unknown composer who fails to get the usual gigs. Together, they do the math and worry about expenses. That's when Claudia has an idea that shocks her husband: working as a camgirl and having sex with clients on the computer.
- S1 E4 - CINDERELLARobinson is the prototype of "hustling". He lives in a Rio slum with a large family and zero social distancing. He takes the opportunity to show off and pose as a millionaire on social media after his boss calls and asks him to go to the production company in the beautiful empty house where he works. But Cinderella's life seems to lack meaning after he meets his crush, codename “Prince”.
- S1 E5 - NO WAY OUTA young couple living their passion to the fullest is engulfed by the pandemic at the very beginning of their relationship. Gabi and Lucas suddenly move in together and are happy with their decision. However, a month after compulsorily sharing the same living space, they are about to break up. So they appeal to an online couples therapy and recall the initial days of pure love and confinement.
- Content advisory
- Nudity violence alcohol use smoking foul language sexual content
- None available
- Amazon Studios