Two Shallow Graves
The McStay family's disappearance haunts police for three years until their remains turn up in the desert. Prosecutors say evidence proves Chase Merritt killed them, but Merritt declares his innocence, claiming they are misinterpreting the facts.
Subscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase
Save on each episode with a TV Season Pass. Get current episodes now and future ones when available.
- S1 E1 - VanishedMay 21, 202243minThe fate of the missing McStay family remains a mystery for three years until their bodies surface in two shallow graves in the desert. Prosecutors accuse Chase Merritt of the crime, and the trial begins with each side passionately presenting their case.Subscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase
- S1 E2 - The Missed CallMay 21, 202243minA bombshell witness upends the Merritt murder trial, claiming someone else confessed to the McStay murders. Merritt’s girlfriend gives him an alibi, but the prosecution attempts to discredit her on the witness stand.Subscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase
- S1 E3 - The Killer's TruckMay 21, 202243minPolice investigate other suspects, including a business associate taking money, an ex-boyfriend still in love with Summer McStay and a new husband with a violent past. Footage of a truck leaving the McStay house may reveal the killer.Subscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase
- S1 E4 - The Desert PingMay 22, 202243minMerritt’s phone pings near the desert graves, and authorities wonder whether he buried the bodies or merely visited a sister. Prosecutors suggest he tried to delete financial records to cover his tracks. A defense attorney takes a sudden leave of absence.Subscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase
- S1 E5 - Where's Dan?May 22, 202243minNew DNA found in the graves may reveal who murdered the McStays. The defense questions Joseph’s brother on his whereabouts at the time of the murders, and they cannot locate the suspect they believe may have ties to the killingsSubscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase
- S1 E6 - The VerdictMay 23, 202243minIf Merritt testifies, the jurors will learn about his criminal past. The defense and prosecution present their final arguments with closing statements, and it's now up to the jury to determine guilt or innocence.Subscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase
- S1 E7 - Stay Out of DodgeMay 23, 202243minChase Merritt is furious with his attorneys for failing to call an expert witness he believes can prove phone records placing him at the gravesite are “impossible.” Another key figure in the case breaks his silence about the crime.Subscribe to discovery+ or Max or purchase