Two in a MillionSeason 1
Two people who share the same rare medical struggles meet and spend one week together, sharing hardships and incredible triumphs, visiting world-renowned doctors and finding answers to important questions.
- 1. Boys of SteelApril 6, 201643minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishGiovanni, seven, and Owen, nine, share a rare condition: Schwartz Jampel Syndrome, which means their muscles are permanently and painfully contracted. Meeting for the first time, they share hardships and triumphs and begin an extraordinary friendship.
- 2. Tiniest TorsoApril 13, 201642minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglishAudio languagesEnglishImagine if your ribs and spine were malformed and your organs squashed in a tiny torso? What if you might not survive infancy? Tiffany, 30, and Yajaira, 27, have Jarcho Levin Syndrome. Can meeting bring friendship and answers to lifelong questions?
- 3. A Face Like MineApril 20, 201643minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishImagine if one side of your face didn’t form properly? Born with Goldenhar Syndrome, Austin, 15, and Elena, 12, have both been bullied for looking different and feel isolated from other kids. Will meeting bring them the friendship they crave?
- 4. Born With ScalesApril 27, 201642minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishImagine living with a rare and painful condition where your skin grows in thick scales. Bobbi, 49, and Kenny, 45, have Lamellar Ichthyosis. They travel across the USA to meet for the first time and begin a life-changing friendship.
- 5. Boys on FireMay 4, 201642minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhat if simply getting too hot could be fatal to your child? Twins Andrew and Brandon, 7, have Ectodermal Dysplasia. Isolated by their condition, they meet 11-year-old Josh, who also has ED. Can their encounter bring them the friendship they all crave?
- 6. Girls Made of GlassMay 11, 201642minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglishAudio languagesEnglishTiffany and Destiny, 21, have never met but both live with the rare disease Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bones). They set out on a life changing journey to meet each other, overcome their isolation and embark on a trip they never thought possible.
- discovery plus Real Stories