Extinct or Alive
With a deep passion for and knowledge of all animals, wildlife biologist Forrest Galante tangles with remote and sometimes dangerous environments to track and bring back to life creatures mistakenly labeled as extinct.
- 1. The Zanzibar LeopardJune 10, 20181 h 24 minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest searches for a Zanzibar Leopard on this history-making expedition. He reveals species that have never before been filmed and captures evidence that leads to an unforgettable conclusion about this supposedly extinct animal.
- 2. The Madagascar GiantJune 17, 201842minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMadagascar's Pachylemurs were red, furry giants, nearly the size of great apes. Forrest scales the canopy of the jungle on a mission to prove the giant species, which is thought to have gone extinct 1,000 years ago, still lives.
- 3. White Wolf of NewfoundlandJune 24, 201842minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest teams up with a specialist in Newfoundland in search of the White Wolf, declared extinct in 1930. They meet a hunter that shot what is believed to be a wolf and uncover evidence that suggests the species is still alive.
- 4. Florida Black PantherJuly 1, 201842minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest combs the Florida Everglades for a predator that's been rumored to exist for years: the Black Wolf. Discoveries made while scouring the landscape suggest that it might be more than a rumor.
- 5. The Javan TigerJuly 8, 201842minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest heads to the vibrant island of Java, Indonesia, in an attempt to find the Javan Tiger. This exotic predator was declared extinct in 2003, but park rangers and locals have been collecting evidence of its existence.
- 6. The Tasmanian Tiger Down UnderJuly 15, 201842minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDue to recent eyewitness accounts, James Cook University is funding new research on the Tasmanian tiger, declared extinct in 1936. Forrest joins the study and heads deep into the Cape York Peninsula to find this unique species.
- 7. Formosan Clouded LeopardJuly 22, 201842minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest Galante treks deep into the jungles of Taiwan in search of the fierce Formosan Clouded Leopard, recently declared extinct. He investigates tracks and eyewitness accounts that suggest that the animal remains alive.
- 8. The Dodo of the NorthJuly 29, 201842minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishForrest travels to the Faroe Islands to look for any trace of the Great Auk. The search for this large, flightless bird that has long been forgotten takes him through some of the most scenic and rugged terrain he's ever attempted.
- discovery plus Call of the Wild