I'm Pregnant And...
See the extraordinary and courageous stories of expectant mothers who are dealing with challenging life circumstances and the emotional journeys they take through their tough situations.
- 1. In PrisonNovember 10, 200920minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Sarah entered prison, she was three months pregnant. Now, she is preparing for another challenge - after the baby is born, will bring him back to the prison, where he will live with her for the duration of her sentence.
- 2. AddictedDecember 1, 200920minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishColette and Aaron have a long history of heroin addiction, which they've been able to kick with the aid of methadone. But now that Colette's pregnant, she's finding that it's possibly riskier to go off the methadone during pregnancy, than to stay on it.
- 3. HomelessDecember 8, 200920minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishMisty and Jonathan lost their home shortly after Misty became pregnant. Now, the couple lives in a tent in the woods and struggle to find jobs and housing before the baby is born, or they risk losing custody of him.
- 4. Have An Eating DisorderDecember 15, 200920minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBeth has always wanted children, but being pregnant isn't easy for someone with an eating disorder. She turns to her husband and therapy for help because if she gives in to under-eating and over-exercising, she could put herself and her baby at risk.
- 5. Bi-PolarDecember 29, 200920minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJolene and her boyfriend Correy are expecting a baby girl, but being pregnant has meant that Jolene had to choose between taking the psychiatric drugs that control her bi-polar disorder, and safeguarding the health of her unborn child.
- discovery plus Journeys