In this unique project, historian Ruth Goodman as well as archaeologists Alex Langlands and Peter Ginn immerse themselves in the life of the Victorian farmer as he would have lived on the Acton Scott Estate.
- 1. Program 1January 8, 200959minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe team move into the smallholding at Acton Scott and begin restoring the cottage, getting in some practice with steam-powered machinery and making cider.
- 2. Program 2January 15, 200959minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs autumn ends, winter-proofing begins in earnest - essential work if the livestock and crops are to make it through the frost.
- 3. Program 3January 22, 200959minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishEmergency repairs demand the team go back to DIY basics with the help of the woodsman, the blacksmith and the basketmaker.
- 4. Program 4January 29, 200959minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAlex and Peter must master animal midwifery in time for spring, and the team turns to Victorian science in a bid to save their struggling crops.
- 5. Program 5February 5, 200959minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishRuth dives into a tough task in the dairy, Alex tries his hand at bee-keeping and the lengthening summer days give Peter and Alex a chance to try out some Victorian cricket.
- 6. Program 6February 12, 200959minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBefore the team's year on Victorian Farm comes to an end, they must bring in the wheat harvest and master the Reaper Binder.
- Stuart Elliott
- Naomi Benson
- Amazon Maturity Rating
- 16+ Young Adults. Learn more
- Content advisory
- Violence alcohol use foul language