Marta Dusseldorp returns as Prosecutor Janet King The attorney general asks Janet to head a royal commission into gun crime as she struggles to balance her roles at home with her incredible workload at the Department of Public Prosecutions.*New episode every Monday through October 10*
- 1. The Invisible WoundMarch 23, 201656min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen a man shot dead on Australia Day marks 19 shooting deaths in the past 15 months, the attorney general asks Janet to head a royal commission into gun crime. Before she begins work on the commission, Janet finishes up an inquest into the suicide of an army corporal suffering from PTSD.
- 2. Here and NowMarch 30, 201655min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter the shooting at Elaheh's house, her family says they have no idea who would want to harm them, but Janet and Andy believe they know more than they're letting on. Meanwhile, Janet is summoned to court by her sister-in-law.
- 3. In Plain SightApril 6, 201656min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishReeling from what the ballistics report revealed, Janet lashes out at Andy, who knew all along about the gun that killed Ash. With their key witness to the illegal gun operation murdered, Janet suspects a mole in the commission. Lina convinces Elaheh to make a public appeal.
- 4. The Smoking GunApril 13, 201654min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen the team discovers a link between Todd's murder and the PTSD case, Janet calls in Lance Corporal Parker and Major Hamilton for questioning. Janet meets with her paternal donor, but his position on the embryos is not what she had expected.
- 5. Apprehended ViolenceApril 20, 201656min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter discovering the cargo of illegal firearms, the commission allows the shipment to continue in hopes of finding out who will pick it up. Under political pressure from the media, the attorney general demands a report on the royal commission's progress, despite Janet's protestations that they aren't ready.
- 6. The ThawApril 27, 201655min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe undercover operation goes awry, with deadly consequences. Her cover blown, Bianca offers protection to Felix. Janet, Richard, and Lina prepare for their anticorruption hearing.
- 7. The Heart of ItMay 4, 201654min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe commission finds a connection between Major Hamilton and Robbie Carter, the social-media face of crime victims. The attorney general gives Janet an ultimatum-either resign from the commission or risk her reputation in a public hearing.
- 8. The Long GoodbyeMay 11, 201658min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWith the commission suspended, the gun shipment is finally picked up. Janet secures damning evidence for the people involved, but without a clearance from the anticorruption hearing, all the work the commission completed could be in vain.
- 101. Bonus: The Big PictureOctober 5, 20162min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishCast and crew explain how Janet has changed since series 1 and how series 2 of Janet King is more of a thriller.
- 102. Bonus: Action!October 5, 20162min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishCast and crew talk about filming the stunt scenes including the shocking moment at the end of the first episode.
- 103. Bonus: Cast & CharactersOctober 5, 20164min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe cast talk about how their characters have changed over time and what drives them in series 2.
- 104. Bonus: King's LawOctober 5, 20164min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishCast and crew talk about working with Marta Dusseldorp.
- 105. Bonus: Mise-en-ScèneOctober 5, 20163min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishGet an inside look at how an old library was transformed into the set for Janet's Royal Commission.
- 106. Bonus: The Real AustraliaOctober 5, 20163min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishCast and crew discuss representing diverse communities in present-day Australia.
- 107. Bonus: Research Is KingOctober 5, 20163min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishCrew carefully researched everything from royal commissions, firearms, to international law to create an authentic story.
- 108. Bonus: House of LawOctober 5, 20163min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishFind out how series 2 uses topical issues to create a complex story.
- 109. Bonus: Behind the ScenesOctober 5, 201611min13+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishTake a behind the scenes look at series 2 of Janet King. (Exclusive to Acorn TV)
- Acorn TV
- Amazon Maturity Rating
- 13+ Teens. Learn more
- Content advisory
- Nuditysexual contentviolence substance use alcohol use foul language