Jericho of Scotland YardSeason 1
Chief Inspector Michael Jericho of Scotland Yard is a respected, uncompromising and forward-thinking detective investigating high-profile murders in 1950s London. The series is set in a fascinating period of Britain's social history, when London saw an explosion of shifting attitudes after the Second World War.
- 1. A Pair of Ragged ClawsOctober 15, 20051 h 33 min16+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishLondon, 1958. Chief Inspector Michael Jericho of Scotland Yard is called to investigate a murder in Notting Hill. A young black man, Roy Marlowe, was shot on his way home from work at the local bus depot. Tension in the neighborhood between the black and white communities has been brewing for a while, and it’s about to hit fever pitch.
- 2. The Killing of Johnny SwanOctober 22, 20051 h 33 min16+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJericho investigates the death of Johnny Swan, a star of British athletics and a national hero following his defeat of the Soviet champion, Vladimir Vukic. Together with three other runners, Swan is a key part of the nation’s “Golden Boys.”
- 3. To Murder and CreateOctober 29, 20051 h 33 min16+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishValentine’s Day, 1958. Charles Hewitt, an eminent H-bomb scientist, is found garroted with cheese wire on the banks of the Thames. His mouth has been stuffed with newspaper, there’s lipstick on his neck and strands of blonde hair are found on the shoulder of his jacket.
- 4. The Hollow MenNovember 5, 20051 h 33 min18+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA serial killer, who targets courting couples, is on the loose in London just as a great smog descends on the capital, shutting the entire city down. When the mutilated bodies of a young couple are found in Battersea park, the press believe it to be the return of the ‘Butcher’ who is believed to be responsible for a series of unsolved murders from the thirties.
- Acorn TV
- Amazon Maturity Rating
- 16+ Young Adults. Learn more