Alaskan Bush People
After being pushed off their land, the Browns travel deep into the Alaskan bush to build a small shack where they will all sleep. They have lived their whole lives in the wild and often go six months without seeing an outsider.
- 1. A Very Bush ChristmasDecember 18, 201442minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe wild Brown family gear up for their own unique Christmas celebration, sharing traditions and what is on the horizon in the Alaskan bush.
- 2. Breaking FreeJanuary 1, 201542minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Browns are ready to return to the wild after being stuck in Ketchikan. They’ve secured a raw piece of Alaskan wilderness and are eager to settle into it before winter hits. But a series of emergencies threatens to keep them trapped in modern society.
- 3. Return to the WildJanuary 8, 201542minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Brown family is determined to make it to their new piece of land in the wild, which is populated by bears and covered in 150-foot widow makers. After barely avoiding disaster on the seas, the Browns reach out to an old friend for help.
- 4. Welcome to BrowntownJanuary 15, 201543minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Browns set up their unique home site, comprised of a small log shack for the boys and an outhouse and shower for the girls. But the boys' skills appear rusty and they have to prove to Billy that they still have what it takes to make it in the bush.
- 5. Birdy Get Your GunJanuary 22, 201543minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs the family begins looking for food in the woods, they quickly realize that there’s stiff competition -- from bears. With supplies running low, Birdy steps up and goes hunting on the bears’ turf to provide for the clan.
- 6. Pile It OnJanuary 29, 201543minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe Browns start building their home on their remote land in Alaska. They have to float the foundation pilings to their land and suffer a setback when a big storm hits. Oldest brother Matt creates a new home for himself.
- 7. On the ProwlFebruary 5, 201543minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBilly strikes a barter for windows for the new home. Matt and Noah check the local junkyard for additional materials. While grabbing lunch in town, the boys meet some local girls and invite them back to their property for a unique style of bush dating.
- 8. Home AloneFebruary 12, 201543minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAfter discovering rogue bears near their homesite, the Browns beef up their defenses. Billy falls seriously ill and is forced to seek medical help. The kids are left to fend for themselves and build a large raft to help move lumber.
- 9. Now or NeverFebruary 19, 201543minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs the Browns struggle to get the walls and roof of their house built, winter arrives. While working through the snow, a series of setbacks threatens to derail all they’ve worked hard to achieve.
- discovery plus Adventure