Impact of Murder
The crime of murder claims a life, but it cannot steal the voices of witnesses and the families of victims. In this gripping series, those who have been impacted by murder find the courage to deliver heart-wrenching statements in court.
- 1. Hearts on FireJuly 14, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBilly Freitag is a free-spirited young man who spends the warmer months working the family farm and travels when it's cold. Tragically, it's his openness and generosity that lead to a set of events which culminate in his death.
- 2. My LacieJuly 21, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishCharisse Christopher escapes her abusive husband and sets up a new, safe home with her three-year-old son Nicholas and her baby Lacie. Several months later, the police discover a scene of slaughter which isn't quite what it seems.
- 3. This Is Not a DrillJuly 28, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIt was an ordinary day at Chardon High School in Ohio, full of the fights, laughs and boisterous behavior that fill the corridors of any high school. But all that changes when one young man shows up with violence on his mind.
- 4. I Speak For AmyAugust 4, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishCollege athlete Kayleigh Ballantyne is violently attacked one night. As she battles for her life, she is unaware that elsewhere in the city an investigation is already underway following the discovery of a woman's body.
- 5. Any Other DayAugust 11, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Shirlee Sherman and Thomas Hunter are found stabbed to death in an upscale home in Omaha, Nebraska, suspects and clues are in short supply. It takes detectives years to zero on a perpetrator, but not before he kills again.
- 6. Dragged to HellAugust 25, 201943minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAmanda Storms watches her high school sweetheart transform from great stepdad to abusive husband. When he moves out, she's grateful for the help of her friend Andrew Shepherd, until a terrible night of violence changes everything.
- 7. The Power of FamilyOctober 30, 20227minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 1998, Billie Freitag died in a house fire started by his friend Larry. Billie's sister reveals how delivering a statement in court inspired her to write a book. She describes her determination to live life to the fullest in her brother's memory.
- 8. The ReunionOctober 30, 20226minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 1987, Charisse and her young daughter Lacie were murdered in their home. Her son Nicholas survived to tell her story and meets with the case's prosecutor for the first time in 30 years. Their reunion reveals the legacy Charisse has left behind.
- 9. Danny’s LegacyOctober 30, 20227minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Danny Parmertor was killed in a school shooting in 2012, life would never be the same again for his family. His mother, Dina, describes how creating a memorial fund and connecting with family has given her the strength to carry on.
- 10. Kayleigh’s AngelOctober 30, 20228minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKayleigh survived a horrific attack in 2013, but her attacker's first victim died. Kayleigh remembers this victim through poignant keepsakes, regarding her as a guardian angel. She describes finding healing through skiing, and her plans for the future.
- 11. Finding FaithOctober 30, 20226minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 2008, Shirlee Sherman was murdered by a ruthless stranger. Over a decade later, Shirlee's siblings reveal how her death transformed their lives. Jeff describes Shirlee's presence in his everyday life and Jetta discloses her own journey toward healing.
- 12. New ReflectionsOctober 30, 20227minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn 2016, Andrew Shepard gave his life to save a friend from a terrifying attack. His family describe reading their impact statements in court and Andrew's son reveals a determination to continue his dad's legacy of kindness.
- discovery plus Ties That Bind