Members and ex-members of the Amish and Mennonite communities face many first experiences as they learn to balance their beliefs and values with "new world" freedoms.
- 1. Jumping the FenceSeptember 9, 201242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishFour Amish and one Mennonite, Kate, Sabrina, Abe, Rebecca and Jeremiah, move to New York City to find out if there's more to life. Packing their bags comes with a ton of risk, including exile from their communities.
- 2. What Have We Gotten Into?September 16, 201242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAbe, Rebecca, Sabrina, Jeremiah and Kate experience a variety of firsts in chaotic New York City, including showering in a bathroom with running water. Tensions and romance begin to surface as they adjust to the modern world.
- 3. Breaking All the RulesSeptember 23, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe group breaks Amish and Mennonite rules by buying "English" clothes and getting tattoos. Kate and Rebecca pursue modeling careers, and Abe and Rebecca are shocked when their families arrive in New York to take them home.
- 4. New BeginningsSeptember 30, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishRebecca comes face-to-face with a brutal reality from her past, while Sabrina struggles to connect with her heritage. Kate breaks down under the pressure of being shunned by her family, and romance blossoms between two castmates.
- 5. What is Really Happening?October 7, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKate, Jeremiah, Sabrina, Abe and Rebecca disagree on the pros and cons of being Amish. Sabrina wants desperately to connect to the Puerto Rican culture she knows nothing about, and Kate's DUI starts to catch up with her.
- 6. Good vs. EvilOctober 14, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKate, Sabrina, Abe and Rebecca visit the Sex Museum, and Kate strips down to a bikini for her first photo shoot. Later, everything comes to a stop when there are allegations of witchcraft.
- 7. Final DaysOctober 21, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKate is cast out of the group, while Jeremiah and Sabrina have something to hide. Then, Sabrina finds her biological father, and the group must make one of the biggest decisions of their lives as they pack up to go home.
- 8. Decision TimeOctober 28, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe group travels home to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives: commit to being Amish or Mennonite, or go English. They face their families, friends and the possibility of being shunned.
- 9. Party TimeNovember 4, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSabrina uncovers letters from her birth mother while Kate gets a dose of reality. Then, Abe and Rebecca struggle to plan their wedding while Jeremiah and Sabrina plan pre-wedding parties they may never forgive or forget.
- 10. FinaleNovember 11, 201244minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe pre-wedding party ends with tempers boiling over, but not before a shocking secret is revealed. Abe and Rebecca realize the difficulty of planning a wedding on their own, and Jeremiah confronts Sabrina about their future.
- 11. Reunion: Part 1November 11, 201242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn an exclusive interview hosted by NBC's Michelle Beadle, Abe, Rebecca, Kate, Jeremiah and Sabrina reunite to confront each other about their time in New York and set the record straight on accusations and allegations.
- 12. Reunion: Part 2November 18, 201242minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe cast clears the air and addresses the rumors and allegations that surfaced since the series premiere. They also reveal whether they are really Amish or actors, and the truth behind Abe and Rebecca's relationship is uncovered.
- discovery plus Real Stories