Ancient Unexplained FilesSeason 1
Ancient investigations turn tech as specialists harness an advanced digital forensics lab and use the latest scientific discoveries to solve the biggest mysteries of ancient history.
- 1. Mystery on Easter IslandFebruary 14, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishArchaeologists have struggled for centuries to understand the ancient moai statues of Easter Island and the purpose behind their mysterious placement; now, experts use cutting-edge tech to finally reveal the hidden logic behind their cryptic locations.
- 2. Maze of Cryptic TerrorFebruary 21, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA team of explorers discover a forbidding cave system riddled with ancient markings that seem to contain a mysterious meaning; using advanced photogrammetry, experts finally decode these cryptic scrawls to expose a dark chapter of English history.
- 3. Secrets of Skull GraveFebruary 28, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishArchaeologists excavating a historic Chilean site make a chilling discovery and find decapitated human skulls separate from a nearby burial site; experts use advanced cranial forensics to reveal what really happened to these ancient, butchered victims.
- 4. War of the AncientsMarch 7, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA gruesome archaeological discovery leads to a shocking excavation that uncovers ancient human carnage on a scale that's unparalleled; experts use 3-D bone modeling to reveal evidence of what may be the first catastrophic, major war in human history.
- 5. Secrets of Mayan MurdersMarch 14, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishArcheologists make a bone-chilling discovery when they unearth 20 mutilated skeletons in Mexico; investigators use advanced forensic analysis to examine the bizarre burial and reveal an ancient case of Mayan mass murder.
- 6. Gladiator GraveyardMarch 21, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen a mass grave of mutilated skeletons is unearthed at the frontier of the Roman Empire, experts use advanced digital analysis to reveal the mystery behind these grisly remains.
- 7. Grave of the Red SkullsMarch 28, 202142minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen experts discover a 500-year-old grave, they find mysterious red skulls, pointing to a shocking mass sacrifice; experts use the latest technology and state-of-the-art forensics to investigate what happened at this horrific site.
- 8. Tomb of the Red QueenApril 4, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn an abandoned Maya city, an archaeologist discovers the tomb of a mysterious red skeleton decorated in jade and pearl treasures; experts use cutting-edge tech to reveal who this person was and why they were buried so.
- 9. Legend of the Cursed TempleApril 11, 202142minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA temple to the Roman god of the underworld was the site of ritual sacrifice and a gate to the underworld, but it was buried because it was believed to be cursed; experts use cutting-edge forensics to reveal what actually happened here.
- 10. Riddle of the Child MummiesApril 18, 202142minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishArchaeologists make a shocking discovery when the perfectly preserved remains of three children are unearthed from the frozen mountains of Argentina; using state-of-the-art forensics, experts investigate the bizarre circumstances behind this grisly scene.
- discovery plus Adventure & Documentaries