Tales From The Explorers ClubSeason 1
At the world-famous Explorers Club, a gathering place for trailblazers, club member Josh Gates recounts the greatest adventures of all time. Probing the club's vast archive, he sheds new light on expeditions that the limits of human possibility.
- 1. Highest Highs, Lowest LowsAugust 31, 202242min7+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJosh Gates recounts club members' death-defying exploits to the top and bottom of the world. Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay summit Mount Everest, two submariners plunge seven miles under the Pacific and a pilot skydives from the edge of space.
- 2. Polar ExtremesSeptember 7, 202242min7+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJosh Gates tackles history's most chilling polar adventures including Robert Peary and Matthew Henson's brave push to the North Pole and Ernest Shackleton's epic survival in Antarctic ice. The Club's archives provide historic items from the expeditions.
- 3. The Race to SpaceSeptember 14, 202242min7+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJosh Gates boldly explores members' most heart-pounding journeys into space. Apollo 13 astronauts fight to bring their crippled spacecraft 238,000 miles back to Earth and futuristic SpaceShipOne could give the rest of us a chance to travel to space.
- 4. Wild RidesSeptember 21, 202242min7+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishBuckle up as Josh Gates blazes the trails of club members' most daring journeys including the Kon-Tiki balsa raft crossing the Pacific, NASA's lunar rover making tracks on the moon and an airplane flying around the world without using a drop of fuel.
- 5. Monsters and MythsSeptember 28, 202242min7+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishInvestigating the unexplained, Josh recounts a legendary Himalayan mission to find the Yeti and a filmmaker's pursuit of the ferocious elephant king. The starving crew of a tragic Antarctic expedition makes unimaginable choices to survive.
- 6. Explorer's Club at the MoviesOctober 5, 202242min7+SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJosh Gates explores how club members' swashbuckling exploits inspired Hollywood. A bullwhip-cracking archaeologist may be the real-life Indiana Jones and a Nazi mountaineer's life-changing Seven Years in Tibet became a Brad Pitt star turn.