I Am Jazz
Jazz Jennings is the typical 14-year-old girl in all ways but one -- Jazz was assigned male at birth. Her supportive family accepted Jazz as a girl at a young age, but with her teenage years upon them, they're in for a whole new set of challenges.
- 1. All About JazzJune 7, 201642minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglish14-year-old Jazz is the typical teenage girl balancing friends, family and teenage hormones, but Jazz is also transgender. Worried about keeping male puberty at bay, Jazz and her mom visit the doctor to discuss her options.
- 2. Boys Aren't Nice to HerJuly 22, 201521minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen Jazz's friends suggest hosting a bowling night with some boys, Jazz worries about how she'll be treated because she is transgender. To help mark her move into high school, Jazz's room gets a much-needed teenage makeover.
- 3. High School Is Wild FireJuly 22, 201521minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJazz attends a soccer conditioning clinic where she learns how hard high school will be for her. To help deal with her stress, Jazz sits down with her therapist and reveals her fear that she won't find love.
- 4. I Thought It Was a ChoiceJune 7, 201621minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs the family heads to Gainesville, Florida, to help Ari move out of her dorm, Jazz gets a glimpse into what college life has to offer. Griffen and Sander's friend questions whether being transgender is a choice.
- 5. Am I Doing the Right Thing?July 29, 201521minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAs Jazz's book signing approaches, she struggles with the pressure of being a role model, and Jeanette worries about her daughter's well-being. Tensions are high as Ari adjusts to living under the same roof as her family again.
- 6. Happy Mother's Day!June 7, 201621minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJazz and her siblings arrange a special Mother's Day surprise for Jeanette, and Jazz worries that her siblings think she gets treated like the favorite child.
- 7. I'm Ready to Explore BoysAugust 5, 201521minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJazz wants to explore the dating scene but is still figuring out her own sexuality. Jeanette and Jazz attend a support group with other transgender people who share stories and guidance on transgender dating.
- 8. So the Dad Is Now Mom?November 3, 201521minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAri's friend Zach surprises her with a personal revelation that shocks her and Jazz. Meanwhile, with Ari home for the summer and getting back to her musical roots, she encourages Jazz to join her for an open mic night.
- 9. We Don't Read the CommentsAugust 25, 201521minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhile creating a mermaid tail for an upcoming photo shoot, Jazz comes across a death threat posted online. Jeanette re-examines whether or not the family has acted in Jazz's best interest over the past few years.
- 10. Baby Jazz Is Growing UpJune 7, 201643minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJazz throws a middle school graduation party and invites a boy who is interested in her. Amid fears of male puberty setting in, Jazz and her parents visit the doctor and are faced with a big decision.
- 11. The Family Tells AllFebruary 6, 201743minTV-PGSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJazz and her family sit down for a raw, in-depth interview. The interview touches on early struggles in Jazz's transition, Jazz's role in the transgender movement and what lies ahead for Jazz and the family.
- discovery plus Real Stories
- Supporting actors
- Griffen JenningsJazz JenningsJeanette Jennings