Based on Åsa Larsson's celebrated crime novels, this riveting Swedish drama follows a successful lawyer on the hunt for the murderer of her childhood friend. While in pursuit, Rebecka is forced to face the terrible trauma that caused her to flee her remote hometown above the Arctic Circle.
- 1. Episode 1March 7, 201745min13+Audio languagesSvenskaWhen a childhood friend suddenly dies, high-powered lawyer Rebecka Martinsson leaves Stockholm and returns to her hometown north of Kiruna, above the Arctic Circle. The death was ruled an accident, but when Rebecka finds a folder of hate mail, she contacts her friend in the police force, Anna-Maria Mella.
- 2. Episode 2March 14, 201744min16+Audio languagesSvenskaRebecka brings her suspicions about the vicarage and the hunting society to Mella and the police. Måns, Rebecka’s boyfriend and colleague in Stockholm, urges her to return to her job as Rebecka begins to question where she really belongs.
- 3. Episode 3March 21, 201745min18+Audio languagesSvenskaStill recovering from a psychological breakdown after her encounter with Mildred’s murderer, Rebecka takes a job as a public prosecutor in Kiruna. Meanwhile, Mella investigates the death of an unidentified young woman found in an ice-fishing trailer and asks Rebecka for help.
- 4. Episode 4March 28, 201745min18+Audio languagesSvenskaAfter her unconventional methods get her fired, Rebecka sinks into another deep depression. But a shocking revelation about one of the mining owners puts her back on the case.
- 5. Episode 5April 4, 201742min16+Audio languagesSvenskaMella leads an investigation into the drowning of a young diver trapped under ice for a whole winter. But the water in her lungs doesn’t match the river in which she was found.
- 6. Episode 6April 11, 201744min16+Audio languagesSvenskaThe discovery of another body and the unearthing of an old Nazi airplane near the mountain lake provide Mella and Rebecka more clues to the truth. Rebecka has misgivings about her life with Måns as she grows closer to police dog handler Krister.
- 7. Episode 7April 18, 201744min16+Audio languagesSvenskaRebecka plans her move back to Stockholm but reconsiders when she and Krister discover the body of a woman brutally murdered. The only witness is the victim’s young grandson, now alone and too traumatized to speak.
- 8. Episode 8April 25, 201745min18+Audio languagesSvenskaDespite resigning, Rebecka continues investigating the case, focusing on the victim’s father, who was eaten by a bear. Meanwhile, Mella and her team discover the murder weapon in the barn of one of the victim’s lovers.