Tales of Irish Castles
Explore the history, legends, and fascinating figures from castles across Ireland in this riveting docuseries that tells the story of the nation through its castles.
ÖVER 16 ÅR
- S1 A1 – The Normans Are Coming21 juni 201444minÖVER 16 ÅRAfter the Normans invaded in 1169, they introduced the concept of castle building to Ireland. This episode explores some of the country’s earliest Norman castles.Kostnadsfri provperiod på Acorn TV
- S1 A2 – Don't Mess With a Knight28 juni 201442minÖVER 16 ÅRIn the 13th and 14th centuries, Norman knights helped alter the landscape of Ireland. Featured locations include Luttrellstown, Kilkenny, Dunamase, and Blarney Castle.Kostnadsfri provperiod på Acorn TV
- S1 A3 – The Fightback5 juli 201443minÖVER 16 ÅRAs the Irish clans began to fight back against the Anglo-Norman settlers in the 15th and 16th centuries, tower houses were built for both defense and as family homes.Kostnadsfri provperiod på Acorn TV
- S1 A4 – A Century of Turmoil12 juli 201445minÖVER 16 ÅRCastles were at the forefront of the bloodiest century in Irish history. Important strongholds of the 1600s include castles in Limerick, Birr, Kilkenny, and Athlone.Kostnadsfri provperiod på Acorn TV
- S1 A5 – A Taste for Gothic19 juli 201445minÖVER 16 ÅRCastles no longer served as military strongholds in the 18th and 19th centuries and instead were adapted into beautiful homes for the lordly and wealthy classes.Kostnadsfri provperiod på Acorn TV
- S1 A6 – End of The Empire26 juli 201443minÖVER 16 ÅRThe 19th and 20th centuries were a time of social and political turmoil. Some of Ireland’s most prestigious and historical castles were mostly abandoned or destroyed.Kostnadsfri provperiod på Acorn TV
- English [CC]
- Sideline Productions
- I huvudrollerna
- Simon DelaneyDave SwiftMarcus Seoige
Genom att klicka på spela upp godkänner du våra användarvillkor.