BAFTA TV AWARD® winner
From school to college, Normal People follows Connell and Marianne as they weave in and out of each other’s lives in a show that explores how complicated young love can be.
IMDb 8.4202012 episodes
- S1 E1 - Episode 1In modern, rural Ireland, Connell and Marianne, on different ends of the school’s social scene, begin an intense, secret affair.
- S1 E2 - Episode 2Marianne and Connell’s affair continues, but the pressures of the outside world start to take their toll.
- S1 E3 - Episode 3Connell betrays Marianne by making a cowardly choice. Marianne withdraws from school, causing Connell intense guilt.
- S1 E4 - Episode 4Connell finds college lonely; Marianne finds instant popularity. After running into each other they decide to try to be friends.
- S1 E5 - Episode 5Connell (Paul Mescal) and Marianne (Daisy Edgar-Jones) start socialising as friends in Dublin. She introduces Connell to her group and one of her friends, Teresa (Lauryn Canny) is interested in him. Marianne is still dating Gareth (Sebastian De Souza), but her interest in the relationship is starting to fade. Marianne eventually finishes things with Gareth and makes a drunken pass at Connell.
- S1 E6 - Episode 6Connell and Marianne are together, but when he loses his job and she has an upsetting trip home, they withdraw from each other.
- S1 E7 - Episode 7Marianne and Connell are seeing other people and realise (too late) that their break-up was due to a misunderstanding.
- S1 E8 - Episode 8Connell visits Marianne at her family’s summer home in Italy, where tensions between her and Jamie are at an all-time high.
- S1 E9 - Episode 9Marianne, studying abroad, pursues an unhealthy relationship; in Dublin Connell enjoys an uncomplicated relationship with Helen.
- S1 E10 - Episode 10After the suicide of a schoolfriend, Connell struggles with severe depression. Marianne remains a lifeline for him from abroad.
- S1 E11 - Episode 11In Sligo, Marianne and Connell try to navigate friendship. A fight between Marianne and Alan causes a rift with her family.
- S1 E12 - Episode 12Their final year in Trinity, Marianne and Connell are fully together - but how it will endure after they graduate is uncertain.