BAFTA TV AWARDS® 1X nominee in 1989
Rumpole of the Bailey
Cigar puffing, whiskey sipping, insult-generating defense barrister Horace Rumpole (played by Leo McKern) proves why he's one of the most unexpected successful attorneys in Great Britain in this collection of episodes from the popular British television series Rumpole of the Bailey. CC Available.
IMDb 8.419807 episodes
- S2 E1 - Rumpole and the Man of GodRumpole defends a vicar accused of shoplifting three shirts although he refuses to testify in his own behalf.
- S2 E2 - Rumpole and the Case of IdentityOne instance of marital infidelity is at the root of Rumpole's current case involving a liquor store robbery while another threatens the stability of his chambers.
- S2 E3 - Rumpole and the Show FolkRumpole goes on Circus, or rather on Circuit, in the north, where an actor and theatre manager has been shot with a stage prop. The case seems clear-cut, but everything depends on how one reads the script.
- S2 E4 - Rumpole and the Fascist BeastCaptain Rex Parkin of the Pay Corps (retired) is charged with an offence under the Race Relations Act, and finds to his horror that Rumpole has taken under his wing a pupil barrister from the Punjab.
- S2 E5 - Rumpole and the Course of True LoveWhat appears to be an uncontrollable outbreak of bed-hopping is about to ruin the chances of Guthrie Featherstone QC MP becoming a judge, and Rumpole's client's career as a teacher.
- S2 E6 - Rumpole and the Age of RetirementBoth Rumpole and his current client, Percy Timson, one of the patriarchs of the criminal clan, are under pressure by their families to retire.
- S2 E7 - Rumpole's ReturnThe episode starts with Rumpole retired, having become discouraged and depressed about having lost ten cases in a row. Rumpole and his wife Hilda have moved to Florida, staying with their son and daughter-in-law.