The Ronnie Wood ShowSeason 1
Now this is a treat! Indisputable rock legend Ronnie Wood, guitar slinger for the Faces and Rolling Stones, sits down with a few close pals who just happen to be icons of music history. Unfiltered and free-flowing, there’s a myriad of tales from the rock and roll trenches and the occasional jam session thrown in. Alice Cooper, Paul McCartney, Slash and many more drop into Ron’s studio for a chat.
This video is currently unavailable
to watch in your location
to watch in your location
- 1. Alice CooperThis video is currently unavailableFebruary 23, 201223min16+Ronnie sits down with shock-rocker and music legend Alice Cooper. Ronnie gets a shock of his own as Alice is rather indiscreet about the hotel room trashing antics of Ronnie and his bandmates when they were on the road. They take a quick trip through the Cooper back catalogue and listen to a few of his choicest cuts. But just who does Alice consider the best lyricist of all time?
- 2. Kelly JonesThis video is currently unavailableMarch 1, 201223min16+The Stones guitarist is joined by Kelly Jones from Stereophonics, who just happen to be one of Ronnie’s favorite bands. Kelly reveals how some light larceny helped to score him a record deal and where the name of the band came from. Then the duo listen to some of Kelly’s favorite tunes with picks from Otis Redding and Bob Dylan. But what's the story behind Ronnie's white glove wearing?
- 3. Mark RonsonThis video is currently unavailableMarch 8, 201227min16+After getting a few records signed (well you would, wouldn’t you) superstar producer Mark Ronson sits down with Ronnie to discuss their approaches to making music. The two talk about their favorite tracks, the genius of Stevie Wonder, the brilliance of Blind Faith, the magic of working with the great Amy Winehouse and the part of the classic track Valerie that Mark still regrets.
- 4. Ian McLaganThis video is currently unavailableMarch 15, 201223min16+Ronnie is sitting down with his former bandmate Ian McLagan (who sadly passed away in 2014) to reminisce about a few of the wild times the duo have had together. There are salty tales of the road, behind the scenes recording secrets and revelations concerning the contents of Junior Wells' suitcase (underpants are involved). And the duo revisit the sights, and smells, of the Stones rehearsal room.
- 5. Steve CropperThis video is currently unavailableMarch 22, 201225min16+There’s a visit from genuine music royalty as Booker T and the MGs guitarist Steve Cropper sits in with Ronnie. Steve worked with artists including Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding and Sam & Dave and reveals plenty of secrets and stories from his colorful career. He tells Ronnie that simplicity is the key and ‘following the dots’ is really useful. But what guitar lick tricks can Steve teach Ronnie?
- 6. Mick HucknallThis video is currently unavailableMarch 29, 201226min16+Ronnie talks to his Faces bandmate and Simply Red singer Mick Hucknall. Mick reveals the email exchanges he has had with another former Face: Rod Stewart. The two discuss their mutual love of Bob Dylan (get ready to sing along) and Mick also talks about his fascination with a certain part of Buddy Guy’s anatomy. And Ronnie reveals the last thing he ever said to Jimi Hendrix.
- 7. Bobby GillespieThis video is currently unavailableApril 5, 201226min16+Ronnie talks to Primal Scream singer Bobby Gillespie, who discusses the importance of punk, and post-punk, in his musical education and the two discuss their mutual love of The Velvet Underground. Ronnie discusses the fortuitous way he joined the Rolling Stones and what happened on his first day with the band. And Ronnie reveals the unusual instrument he played in his brother’s skiffle group.
- 8. SlashThis video is currently unavailableApril 12, 201224min16+Ronnie’s ‘favorite guest of all time’ former Guns N’ Roses legend Slash drops into the studio to talk about the music that moves him. Incredibly, Ronnie knew Slash back when he was a little kid and was even involved in him obtaining his famous moniker. They talk blues, Muhammad Ali, smoking and obsessive guitar collecting. And Ronnie discloses the track that is guaranteed to get him grooving.
- 9. Toots HibbertThis video is currently unavailableApril 19, 201227min16+Reggae legend Toots Hibbert of Toots and the Maytals, who sadly passed away in 2020, joins Ronnie to discuss his extraordinary musical career which involves, as the great man himself says, ‘a lot of big ones’. They talk about reggae’s influence on the Stones and Ronnie in particular and the role Toots had in that education. Plus Ronnie reveals what happened when Keith Richards met Michael Jackson.
- 10. Pattie BoydThis video is currently unavailableApril 26, 201224min16+Photographer and sixties icon Pattie Boyd joins Ronnie for a quick trip back in time. Pattie brings along some photos she took when Ronnie visited her and then husband George Harrison. She discusses the time she ventured backstage to meet Bob Marley and the classic songs she’s inspired including Something by The Beatles and Eric Clapton's Layla.
- 11. Paul McCartney SpecialThis video is currently unavailableJune 24, 201243min16+It doesn’t get better than this. It’s a musical clash of the titans as Ronnie is joined by an actual Beatle: Paul McCartney! Paul reveals the first record he ever bought, the song that got him into The Beatles, how the Rolling Stones provided him with a musical education and some remarkable stories about Elvis Presley. But who inspired the classic McCartney track Maybe I’m Amazed?