The six-episode series, first aired in 1998, stars Jack Davenport as Detective Sergeant Michael Colefield, who discovers a secret government vampire-hunting unit while investigating the disappearance of his partner.
- S1 E1 - Habeas CorpusWhen his friend Jack disappears the night before his wedding, Detective Michael Colefield looks into it. This draws him into a new world of secret dealings and covert operations.
- S1 E2 - In Nomine PatrisA car runs down a woman on a motorbike. The investigation leads Colefield to Danni Ashford, a banker for the vampires, and thence to a small part of the vampire's plan.
- S1 E3 - Sub JudiceWhile investigating the attack on a woman who appears to have been saved from her attackers by an apparent vampire, Colefield and Angie find out the woman may be pregnant.
- S1 E4 - Mea CulpaAfter a boy kills a priest in school, the team investigate what led up to the attack, and why some of them appear to be infected without having been bitten.
- S1 E5 - Terra IncognitaA man suffering from sickle cell anemia and his sister arrive at the airport from Brazil, looking for Dr. March. As in Robert March, Angies dead husband. As the team tries to sort things out, they discover that the man is infected, and that several crates of "medical supplies" also came in on the flight.
- S1 E6 - Persona Non GrataWhile the team tries to identify their prisoner and Jacob hiding Kirsty from Colefield, Rice and Colefield both end up searching for Jacob, but for different reasons. Kirsty makes some revelations of her own.