Solve Video Issues
- Solve Issues on Your Computer
- Solve Issues on Your Mobile Device
- Solve Issues on Your Fire Tablet
- Solve Issues on Your TV
- Prime Video Error Codes & Issues
- What is Content Protection?
Using a VPN or Proxy to Access Prime Video
Prime Video streaming is not available when you are connected via a VPN, proxy, or “unblocker” service.
How to Resolve VPN, Proxy, or “Unblocker” Errors
If see you the following error, we’ve identified that you are attempting to stream Prime Video using an unsupported connection type:
- “Your device's Internet connection is using an HTTP proxy which prevents playing your video. Please close or disable any proxy programs and try again.”
To continue streaming Prime Video:
- Disable any VPNs, proxies, or “unblocker” services.
- Check that your device’s network settings are set to Automatic.
If you’ve taken these steps and you are still seeing an error, please contact your internet service provider for assistance.
For more information, see Prime Video Terms and Conditions.