How Do I Cast Prime Video to My TV?
If you have a Google Chromecast, an Android TV, or a Fire TV device, you can "cast" Prime Video to your television.
- Turn on your TV. Make sure you have the latest version of the Prime Video app on your device and that you're also running the most up-to-date software.
- Open the Prime Video app on your Android mobile device, iPhone, iPad, or Fire tablet.
Ensure you’re signed in to the Prime Video app with the same Amazon account as your
Fire TV, Android, TV, or Chromecast.
Make sure that the Fire TV, Android TV, or Chromecast device is powered on and connected to the same network as your mobile device.Note: If you're an iPhone or iPad user, you can only cast to Chromecast.
- Select the Cast icon on your Prime Video app.
- Select the device that you wish to use. Please note that casting is only supported on Google Chromecast, Fire TVs, Android TVs, Roku, select LG and Samsung TVs, Apple TV (4th Generation), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S devices. A “Ready to Cast” message appears on your living room device.
- Select a title you wish to watch. The mobile device will have controls for playback,
songs, and Subtitles.
If you wish to change Subtitle settings on Chromecast through your iOS device, go to iOS Settings > Accessibility > Subtitles and Captioning > Style and select a style for your Subtitles. You can also create a new style, should you wish to use different fonts or sizes. On Android devices, while a title is being Casted, tap the three-dot menu on the screen. Select Subtitle styles and toggle on Show captions. You can also select Caption size and style options from that menu.
Note: If you have a Fire TV device or a Chromecast with Google TV, you can use the device’s remote and the Prime Video app on that device, in addition to the Casting option.
What to do if you don’t see your desired device on the Prime Video app.
- For Fire TV, make sure that the Fire TV device is on stand-by or powered on.
- For Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles, and other living room devices, make sure that the Prime Video app is open on the TV/set-top box.
- For Chromecast via iOS, go to Settings > Prime Video and toggle the “Local Network” to ON. Also, confirm that you can find and connect to the Chromecast device using the Google Home app. If you can’t, perform a factory reset. Please check Google’s support pages for further details https://support.google.com/chromecast
Related Help Topics