Turn On Subtitles or Captions on Prime Video on Connected Devices
Activate Subtitles or captions during playback of a supported title on devices such as smart TVs, set top boxes, and games consoles.
You may need to select the language that you wish to have Subtitles or captions are displayed in before playback. On the title's Overview screen, press up then right in order to select Subtitles. If captions are available, they'll have the Closed Caption or Subtitles icon.
- During playback of a title that supports Subtitles or captions, select the Closed Caption or Subtitles icon from the playback menu. This will allow you to turn Subtitles on or off, and select the language of the Subtitles. You may need to press the enter button on your remote control or similar on a games controller to access this menu.
- You can also adjust the size and color of the text used for Subtitles via the Subtitles Settings menu. If your device supports it, presets can also be created and selected.
- Many Prime Video titles include Subtitles, alternative tracks, audio descriptions, or a combination of those features. The range of supported features will depend on the device you’re using.
- Roku devices don’t support Subtitle presets - those presets can be edited on the Settings menu on your Roku device.
- Managing Subtitles on Apple TV requires alternate steps. Visit the following link for more information https://support.apple.com/HT202772