How Do I Start a Watch Party on Connected Devices?
All Prime Video customers are able to create a Watch Party.
- Open the Prime Video app on your connected device.
- Browse titles as you would when watching on your own. Titles included with Amazon Prime or Prime Video are only available to Amazon Prime members or Prime Video subscribers. Non-Prime members/non-Prime Video subscribers will be prompted to sign up (or take a free trial, if eligible) in order to access titles Included with Prime or Prime Video. Customers who wish to host or participate in a Watch Party for titles available for rental or purchase, need only rent or buy that title in order to participate. Live content and Prime Video Channels content aren’t currently available for Watch Parties.
- Select Watch Party from the detail page. If this option isn’t shown, then your device doesn’t currently support the Watch Party feature.
- On a mobile device, browse to the link that is displayed on screen. This will open the Prime Video app so you can join the chat room.
- In the Prime Video app on your mobile device, enter a desired user name under Chat name.
- Select Join Watch Party to join the chat.
- To start the Watch Party, select Create Watch Party on the connected device.
You can invite up to 100 participants. Anyone having a valid invite link can join Watch Party. However, they must be located in your country and have access to the content being shared, either through subscription or through rent or buy. Hosts can remove a Watch Party participant at their discretion.
Related Help Topics