How Do I Start a Watch Party on Fire TV?
All Prime Video customers are able to create a Watch Party.
This feature is only available on web browsers, and for customers using the Prime Video app on Fire TV in France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, India, and Canada.
- Open the Prime Video app on your Fire TV device (in France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, India, or Canada).
- Browse titles as you would when watching on your own. Titles included with Amazon Prime or Prime Video are only available to Amazon Prime members or Prime Video subscribers. Non-Prime members/non-Prime Video subscribers will be prompted to sign up (or take a free trial, if eligible) in order to access titles Included with Prime or Prime Video. Customers who wish to host or participate in a Watch Party for titles available for rental or purchase, need only rent or buy that title in order to participate. Live content and Prime Video Channels content aren’t currently available for Watch Parties.
- Select Watch Party from the detail page.
- Select Create Watch Party.
- On a mobile device, browse to the link that is displayed on screen, or scan the displayed QR code using your mobile device’s camera. This will open the Prime Video app so you can join the chat room.
- In the Prime Video app on your mobile device, enter a desired user name under Chat name.
- Select Join Watch Party. This will open the chat room where you can chat with other users.
- In the Prime Video app on Fire TV, select Create Watch Party to begin the Watch Party.
You can invite up to 100 participants. Anyone having a valid invite link can join Watch Party. However, they must be located in your country and have access to eligible Prime Video titles included with their Amazon Prime membership/Prime Video subscription.
Note: Watch Parties can be watched through the Prime Video app on supported Fire TV devices in France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, India, and Canada, the Prime Video app for selected connected devices, in addition to Android mobile phones, Android tablets, Fire tablets, iPhones, and iPads. You can also access Prime Video Watch Parties on desktop web browsers, except for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Apple's Safari.
Related Help Topics